The Merchant of the Deep Sea: Chapter 30

3rd. Person's POV

As the ruckus in the Ocatvinelle's Lounge continues to uproar like a wild fire in the Underworld, both the certain Dorm Leader and his Vice of Savanaclaw were outside of the Dorm with their wide grins on their faces.

"Shishishi~ We got them outta there with no issue." Ruggie mischievously chuckles while Leona smirks with arms crossed.

"Hmph. Your sticky fingers sure are impressive." Leona acknowledges, impressed while Ruggie grins mischievously in return.

"If you don't want something to get stolen, then you should lock it in your pocket." Ruggie also said and Leona hums in agreement.

"There are a crazy number of contracts out there. Easily 5 or 600." Ruggie also added when Leona just smirks thinly again towards him.

"Hmm. He's probably been making these shady deals since long before he came to this school. I've sand the other contracts out of the vault in VIP Room. All that is left is..." Leona spoke again before taking out the contract that is left he haven't damaged yet.

Ruggie's mischievous look turned into a shocked look upon seeing (Y/N)'s signature below before his fist unknowingly tightens on his sides while controlling his anger to not leak out.

"I am hunger, I am thirsty. I am that which steals your tomorrow..." Leona started chanting while holding up the contract he had.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!!" Someone else shouts from afar and the two turn around to see Azul huffing, panting on his tracks.

"... Uh oh, here already? Don't take another step close if you care what happens to your contract." Leona smugly greets, threatening Azul tauntingly with a smirk on his face.

"Give it back... Please give it back!" Azul lashes out, holding back his anger while sweat dropping cold and nervously.

"Woah, woah! At least try to keep up appearances. What happened to your mask of control? Seeing you like this proves that their hunch was right on the money." Leona taunts again, playfully waving the golden paper at Azul with smirk.

"What... did you say?" Azul reacts ultimately shocked, taken aback upon Leona smirks tauntingly at the Octavinelle's Dorm Leader.

~🌸~

*Flashbacks*

Back in Leona's room last night, they've discussed the matters as the Ramshackle Duo sat on his bed. The Ramshackle's Prefect sharing her hunch and thoughts about Azul's possible weak point after finding out the trick up to his sleeve.

Leona listens attentively while he's crossing his arms, leaning back on his desk with Ruggie standing beside him nearing the closed door until Leona lets out a hum.

"Are you trying to say that as long as the contracts are secured inside the vault, they are in state of "invisibility"?" Leona asks curiously and she nods to him in reply.

"... Hm? Hmmmmm? I don't follow at all." Grim innocently interrupts, humming besides (Y/N) who chuckles at him and petting his head gently.

"Ah! Now that you mention it, yeah. It is a little weird. If what Azul says is true and anyone who touches a contract is in for a shock... There's no reason to keep them in a vault. He could just throw them wherever. Like Leona's wallet." Ruggie agrees while speculating, also teases Leona who's growling at him annoyingly.

"Ah! About that vault... he really lost it when it got the tiniest scratch." Grim interrupts and raising his paw to get their attention.

By that then, Grim explains to them about Azul's argument with Floyd earlier on as they can remember.

~🌸~

*Few Hours Ago*

"Aah, there's a scratch on the door!! Do the dials and hinges still work?!" Azul panics again, closely inspecting and checking up his vault.

While his back is facing them all, a small scratch only damages the vault. He sighs in relief upon his operational vault, but his aura turned different when his shoulders are trembling violently while his temples irked.

"I'm always telling you to stop throwing around your Unique Magic without thinking! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO?!" Azul scolds Floyd as soon as he turns to him, utterly angry.

"I said sorry! You don't have to get angry over a tiny scratch like that." Floyd retorts back angrily, irking at their Dorm Leader too.

"IT'S TOO LATE IF IT BREAKS!!" Azul reprimands him furiously, angrily irking at the Floyd back.

*Back to the Present*

~🌸~

After the Ramshackle Duo ends their explanation, both Leona and Ruggie hum a bit while thinking deeply with their fingers wrapped around their chins.

"Oh yeah. It's common sense to put your valuables in a safe so we didn't think to even question it. Even the habits of an out of touch-prince can be useful sometimes." Ruggie agrees, yet teasingly sending Leona a grin while the lion-man annoyingly glares at him.

"Tch. You really don't know when to shut up." Leona growls while Ruggie only shrugs nonchalantly at him.

"... This means that the zap you guys got was another one of their expert magic tricks." Ruggie spoke again and the Ramshackle Duo seriously went taken aback by him shockingly.

"They knew you fresh-babies were there, so they left a contract on the desk especially for you. All they had to do was watch and wait for you to touch it, and then zap you with a lightning spell. Stop falling for such simple traps." Leona added and sighs in disbelief, shaking his head lightly when he scolds them.

"That Azul... he just keeps duping us at every turn! I'm tired of being tricked!" Grim grumbles again, annoyed by Azul's pranks while (Y/N) starts to pondering again.

"Being able to get the contracts out of the vault speeds things up." Leona spoke again and an idea suddenly popped into (Y/N)'s mind as she looks up to him, surprisingly in awe.

*End of Flashbacks*

~🌸~

Back in the present, Azul's anger boiled up rapidly while tightening his fists. He is trembling violently on his tracks after Leona explains to him everything happened few hours before today.

"The Prefect did this...? Why does she keep getting in my way?! Freeing the anemones doesn't benefit her at all!" Azul snaps again, utterly confused of the certain girl's motives.

"I agree with you there." Leona surprisingly agrees with a shrug and sighs a bit, took Azul there by surprise.

"Which is leads to my next point... Say, Azul? Let's make a deal." Leona added, smirking again towards the utterly shocked Azul.

" Leona added, smirking again towards the utterly shocked Azul