Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 14

3rd. Person's POV

As soon as they have arrives the said "Oasis", they were greeted by an empty and dried up sands scrunching below their feet. Trees and plants around them all dies up and the huge range dent at the middle of the surrounding trees.

(Y/N) looks around her as soon as they've finally stepping into the empty dessert. Her (E/C) eyes dilate a bit as soon as the sense of familiarity struck her.

"This looks like something... from my dreams..." (Y/N) mutters out loud, gaining confused looks from Jamil and Grim besides her.

"Hey, stop spacing out! Did the heat deep fry your brain?!" Grim scolds her as he's profusely sweating in exhaustion.

"All stop!" Kalim demands after dismounting his elephant when his residents all went sighing heavily in relief when they've drop on their knees.

"D-Did we finally make it to the Oasis?" Grim pants heavily, sighing as he also dropped on his paws against the heating sands below them.

"We'll take a fifteen minute break here then begin our march back to the Dorm." Jamil spoke up next and all of the other residents groan again tiredly while others plopped on their backs.

"Water, water...! What the hell this Oasis is all dried up?!" Grim whines pleadingly despite his dried throat.

Upon hearing that, Kalim is murmuring incoherently underneath his breath until his eyes returns back to normal with life and look around him confusedly.

"... Do you want water?" Kalim curiously asks Grim who look up to him, irking while glaring.

"Well, duh! My throat is mummified...!" Grim whines at him despite his parched voice, annoyed.

"Then, I'll get you some perfectly cool and delicious water to drink!" Kalim exclaims willingly with his bright grin and took out his Magic Pen.

"Relaxing on the hot sands, an endless party. Sing! Dance!" Kalim chants with his eyes closed and magic flows around his Magic Pen as he chants.

[OASIS MAKER!]

As the enchant is done and magical light blinds them all momentarily, clear droplets came out of nowhere and causing them all to look up until a cool refreshing and gentle rains showers them.

"Whaaaa~! Glorious rain!!" Grim exclaims in relief and basking themselves along with others in the rain running down on them.

"So good! My whole body feels refreshed~!" One of the Scarabian members sighs heavily, feeling replenished

"I've come back to life~" Another added too and enjoying its gentle droplets with relief.

"I'm glad you like it! If it's water you need, I can create enough to fill the while Oasis to the brim. My Unique Magic "Oasis Maker" lets me summon a huge amount of tasty water for very little magic." Kalim happily explains to them with his huge bright smile on his face.

"Umm... "I can make lots of water" is pretty lame to have as you Unique Magic, y'know. There's plenty of wizards who can do the same." Grim bluntly added and Kalim turns to him, gasping shockingly.

"Don't say that~ Lots of water for little cost is what makes my "Oasis Maker" special. In the time before indoor plumbing, this would have been a huge boon to keeping people from dying of dehydration. So I think it's pretty valuable." Kalim pouts childishly and whining at Grim.

"But, I'll admit it's not very useful since we all have indoor plumbing and stuff. Ah ha ha~!" Kalim chuckles awkwardly, grinning widely at them while scratching behind his head.

"HOWEVER! I'm positive my water is the most delicious in the whole wide world." Kalim exclaims proudly with a huge positive grin once again before a soft smile of relief appears on (Y/N)'s face.

Out of curiosity as the Ramshackle Duo blinks at him, the rain continues and both of them cupped their hands/paws together catching the droplets into their palms. Then they gulp it and their eyes went spark in astonishment.

"Now that you mention it, it is right at the perfect temp to be refreshing but not shocking. It's mellow like fresh spring water and is easy to just guzzle down." Grim said in amazement and (Y/N) nods eagerly agrees.

"Can monsters even tell the difference between different kinds of water?" Jamil asks awkwardly while blankly staring and Grim turns to him, gasping in offence.

"How rude! My palette is of the highest grade!" Grim pouts annoyingly at Jamil and Kalim nods vigorously agreeing.

"I was right about you! I knew you'd get it. As a reward, here's a cracker." Kalim said and took out a cracker that causing Grim immediately jolts in panic.

"Ugh~ I may be hungry, but no way am I eating something dry like that..." Grim declines and went hiding underneath (Y/N)'s (H/L) hair in fright as she awkwardly sighing heavily.

Although as she notices Kalim brought back to his positive vibe he always have, she turn to look around in thought as she's standing amidst the gentle rain.

"He's totally different from when we left." (Y/N) murmurs softly out loud and Grim agrees by nodding as he went peeking at Kalim.

"You're right. It's like he got body snatched, y'know." Grim whispers back, however both Kalim and Jamil hear that and they're both turning to them.

"Hm? Hey, did 'ya say somethin'?" Kalim asks curiously while blinking dumbfounded at the Ramshackle Duo.

"Kalim, our fifteen minutes is up. Get everyone together to head back."Jamil interrupts and Kalim surprisingly turns back to him.

"Already? We can let them rest a bit longer, can't we?" Kalim whines at him childishly, but Jamil shakes his head lightly in disagreement.

"If we laze around here for too long, the sun is going to get higher and the temperature right along with it." Jamil said sternly and Kalim ends up sighing in defeat.

"That's a good point. Alright, everyone! Time to get ready to go so we can be back in time for breakfast." Kalim agrees and gathers the others around to keep them moving back to their Dorm.

" Kalim agrees and gathers the others around to keep them moving back to their Dorm