Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 26

3rd. Person's POV

Back in the Scarabia's Lounge, rounds after rounds came by as the group with Jamil ends up having a small conversation. Azul sat just across Jamil, follows by Floyd sitting besides the Ramshackle Duo. Although the cold wind of the night is coming in from the open veranda, no one seems bothered by.

"Hooray~!!!! I win! That's makes it my third!" Floyd cheers happily, knowing he won again for another time.

"You make a good opponent when you can actually focus." Jamil comments and (Y/N) nodded to Floyd, agreeing.

"FFGYA!! I LOST AGAIN! Azul, you don't hold back do you?!" Grim grumbles annoyingly and plopping on his back, pouting.

"This makes 5 wins and 0 losses for me. But as a member of the Board Game Club, I have a reputation to uphold." Azul added, nonchalantly shrugging and smirking at him mischievously.

"Your ratio was 3 losses and 2 wins, yes?" He asks towards Jamil who looks back at him, humming curiously.

"Hm? Ah... It's been a while so I guess I'm rusty. Kalim used to make me play with him for hours on end until he finally won, even though I'm not very good." Jamil admits and they turn to him, listening.

"I see.... Ffmm. So that's it?" Azul hums and looked at Jamil, slightly grinning mischievously.

"You see? You're a weird guy." Jamil dead pans and Azul gives him an innocent smiling façade.

"Oh, no. I'm just talking to myself. You and Kalim-san grew up together, is that correct?" Azul asks again after dismissing the previous topic with a wave grinning a bit.

"Yeah, as long as I can remember..." Jamil confesses and looks away, causing them to look at him suspiciously as the silence ensues.

"That's right. Aren't the three of you are childhood friends too?" He asks instead after clearing his throat, coughing a bit dryly.

"Seems that way~!" Floyd replies while grinning and Azul just nods besides him.

"Seems that way? That's an odd way to put it, y'know." Grim dead pans in disbelief and Jamil agree by nodding too.

"Apparently, we've been in the same class since elementary school. But the first time I noticed him was right before middle school. So, like we don't really have any "childhood-friend memories"." Floyd answers nonchalantly and look at Azul, smirking.

"I was calm and respectable student so I don't really stand out." Azul added, shrugging again while Grim is hums a bit pondering.

"Yeah, you probably stood out for a different reason. Like how wide—Mmmhhgggg!" Grim mumbles loudly, but immediately being interrupted by a swift slap on his mouth.

"Grim, I have told you time to time again to keep that to yourself...!!" Azul scolds the grey-cat lowly, sweat dropping and embarrassed while gripping his fur-face tighter.

"And now you're the Dorm Leader? You guys have a strange relationship." Jamil dead pans too while (Y/N) only looking at them dumbfounded and blinking.

"Really~? I only listen to what Azul says 'cuz it's so much fun!" Floyd replies again and (Y/N) went taken aback, surprised.

"Neither Jade or Floyd have any intention of being obedient to me. It's more like we're playing the part." Azul nonchalantly replies, finally letting the grey-cat runs to (Y/N) and hiding from him.

"Playing the parts of master and servant? I don't really get that." Jamil spoke and crossing his arms at Azul, confused.

"If the day ever comes that I make a mistake as a leader, or chose the boring option... then the two of them would turn on me to take the seat of Dorm Leader for themselves. Although, I have no intentions of losing if that time comes." Azul scoffs off nonchalantly, fixing back his glasses whilst Floyd grins.