The Merchant of the Deep Sea: Chapter 05

3rd. Person's POV

The tension rises inside the Mostro Lounge as soon as Jack interrupts the meeting. Meanwhile, (Y/N) remain hidden and taking a sneak peek on the corners quietly. She's starts to worry of them as she looks over Azul's direction and seeing him suspiciously eyeing her brave friend.

"Hmm? You are... You don't have an anemone, do you?" Azul spoke up again, disgusted behind his firm polite façade while Jack's glaring back at him.

"We are currently in the middle of a staff meeting. If it doesn't pertain to you, could you please leave?" Azul politely asks to leave, yet only receiving an intenser glare and he growls.

"... Doesn't pertain? I wanted to study hard to beat a bunch of guys who used their own brains fair and square. Because of you, it was all for nothing. I'm plenty involved!" Jack barks at him, angry at Azul.

(Y/N) remain worried and looks around for an idea to help until her eyes widen a bit at the sight she sees.

As soon as she saw one of the golden contracts fell on the floor, she took a huge gulp first before she carefully crawls underneath the tables stealthily.

"Jack... did you guys come to help us?!" Grim surprisingly asks when Jack turns to him with cold exterior and crossing his arms on his chest.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I can't stand any of the people in this room. Those who make greedy deals, those who rely on others, I don't want to be bros with any of them!" Jack said harshly while proclaiming honestly.

"What did you come here for?" Ace asks again but Jack ignores him, glaring back at Azul.

"No... Jack's words have opened my eyes. We just have to beat him! That means... If we just go all out against Azul to steal the contracts and destroy them, they'll be invalid!" Grim spoke in astonishment, and then he cheekily grins as well.

"Ah! When you put it that way..." A Pomefiore resident trails off, inspired and astonished too.

"We might not have our strongest magic, but we have numbers on your side! Let's do this!" A Scarabia Resident agrees and they're residing besides Jack, standing in their fighting stances.

"My, my... I don't really want to get rough with you." Azul sighs in utter disbelief while lightly shaking his head.

"Jade, Floyd, please play with them for a bit." He commands the twins besides him and turning around, walking away.

"As you wish." Jade politely replies with a curt bow with his brother standing beside him with wide grin on his face.

"I can squeeze all of them? Ah ha, yay~" Floyd squeals in excitement when they're both turns to the bunch of protestants.

"Almost... there..." (Y/N) murmurs while reaching up to a contract, yet only touched by her fingertips while flopping underneath the table.

Unbeknownst to her, someone saw her hiding and they walk up to her direction as if they're curious. But to her surprised, that particular person suddenly kicks the table out of her and making her yelps out loud.

"Hmm? What do we have here...?" They asks a bit darkly and  modestly when he took the contract she's about to reach on the floor.

(Y/N) slowly looking up and she suddenly trembles in fear as she saw a pair of grayish-blue eyes underneath his glasses staring back to her with such calculative gaze.

"Stay away from her, you punk!" Grim shouts at Azul and he runs up to (Y/N), standing up bravely protecting her.

Azul took a step back, yet still eyeing the (H/C)-haired girl on the floor with curious gaze. The A-Deuce Duo and Jack runs up to her aid, worrying as they asks her before she slightly nodded in reply.