The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 13

3rd. Person's POV

Before their upperclassmen could lay their fingers on them, Deuce swiftly throws a punch on one of them in the face. A coward friend is about to avenge his friend in spite of his trembling. However Deuce outwits him and kicks him hard on the head, beating them both effortlessly to pulp. Both of the delinquents were on the ground, huffing tiredly and they're slowly looking up to Deuce with fear and they've started trembling again.

"T-THIS GUY IS STRAIGHT UP MAD! That wasn't just six hits! LIAR!!" The first delinquent shrieks, cowering beneath Deuce's intense glare.

"let's get the hell outta here! I'M SORRY TO ALL CHICKENS!!" The second delinquent yells and they're all running away, cowering.

"APOLOGIZES 100 TIMES NEXT TIME YOU EAT EGGS! DUMBASSES!!" Deuce enrages and watching them getting away.

Long after they've completely disappears out of their sight, he's slowly huffing in exhaustion continuously and sighing lastly. (Y/N) snaps out of her trance and took slow steps towards Deuce whose back is still facing her, slowly placing her hand on his shoulder.

"U-Um... Deuce-kun?" (Y/N) softly calls out, tapping his shoulder gently to not frighten him.

Then Deuce went turning around and sighs again in relief to see them standing safe and sound. But all of the sudden, he only realizes the situation as Deuce went shock to see (Y/N) besides him.

"Eeeek?! What's gotten into you?!" Grim shrieks terribly, taken back of Deuce's mood earlier.

"I-I screwed up... I vowed that I'd definitely, definitely be an honor student this time..." Deuce frowns and the Ramshackle Duo became slightly surprised.

"In middle school, all I ever did was screw around. I constantly skipped school and spent all my time getting into fights. I disrespected all my teacher, hung around sketchy upperclassmen and bleached my hair to death. Even ran around all over the place riding a magical wheel. I was a terrible person that went as far as to use magic to lord over those who couldn't." Deuce confesses, looking down on the ground shamefully.

"Just now, you went full bad boy on those guys." Grim murmurs awkwardly and (Y/N) looks utterly surprise.

"Then one night, I saw my Mom hiding away in tears as she called my Grandma. "Was the way I raised him wrong? Would it have been better if he had both parents?". She was wrong. Mom never did anything wrong. It was all me." Deuce confesses whilst relieving such past, tightening his fists.

"So when the carriage from Night Raven College came to me, my mom was so happy and I don't want to see her cry again. This time, I'm going to be an honor student my mom can be proud of... Then I do this. Sh*t!" He mutters and curses underneath his breath.

"But, y'know... Does being an honor student mean you have to grin and bear everything?" Grim spoke up and Deuce went taken aback.

"Those delinquents deserved another 10 punches if you ask me! You fought them off before I could, though." He cheers and widely grins as (Y/N) awkwardly chuckles.

Deuce is still utterly shocked and became speechless upon hearing the gremlin's comments. As the comforting silence ensues in between them, (Y/N) steps closer to him and took his both hands in hers.

"You're not a terrible person, Deuce. I know you care a lot for your mom much and would make her proud too." (Y/N) spoke softly and Deuce went snap out of his trance in awestruck.

"Even honor students can be frustrated and get mad too, you know. And in all honesty I'm relieved to hear you out and know you even better too, Deuce-kun!" She reassures and giving him a close-eyed smile.

"Really?... Heh heh." Deuce chuckles softly and slowly smiles back gratefully.

Then (Y/N) also smiles gently, but she became shock as the navy-haired male clasps their both hands in together. Her eyes lit up in utter surprised, finally seeing his genuine smile with his eyes closed as he prayed in a new light.

"May those baby chick rest in peace." He sighs again in relief, clasping their hands together.

"U-Um... Deuce-kun? I don't want to say this to you but, there won't be any chicks anymore." (Y/N) spoke sheepishly before Deuce became dumbfounded while blinking.

"These eggs are unfertilized so they'll never mature, too." She sheepishly confesses and Deuce's teal eyes widen too.

"EEEEEEEEHHHHHH?! YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING?!?!?!?!" Deuce yells shockingly and his voice echoes that even birds and raven on trees were flying away.

~🌸~

Soon the Ramshackle Duo and Deuce were finally arrived with what's left in their purchases. Both Ace and Trey turn around and letting out heavy sighs of relief to see them back safely. Grim is sitting atop of (Y/N)'s head while the girl just dragging the exhausted Deuce behind them.

"Oh, you're finally back. That sure took a while." Ace greets while approaching them to help out before (Y/N) nods meekly and smiles.

"Let's finish this up." Trey added too and they're all continue on with the Mont Blanc Tart making again.

" Trey added too and they're all continue on with the Mont Blanc Tart making again