Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 39

3rd. Person's POV

After the party with the Scarabian along with the Octavinelle Trio and A-Deuce Duo, the Ramshackle Duo decided to return home to their beloved Ramshackle Dorm. As they'd return, the winter snow envelops the land in which the two almost have forgotten.

(Y/N) is setting Grim on her shoulder while carrying lots of the gifts she unexpectedly received from the Scarabians. She wore Azul's coat and has Floyd's scarf around her neck while a fedora hat from Jade. Her hair is left untied and she wore gloves given by Jamil. Even as she's about to return the items, she only receives responses such as;

"I do this out of my goodwill, Prefect. For you have been so generous as to help us out, wouldn't it be impolite of me to not give you a remembrance? Of course, I won't ask anything in return."

"Why my scarf, you say? You don't know~? Haha~ You're so adorable, Little Shrimp. It's because I can't hug you all the way through, so I think having my scarf around you feels like I'm still by your side!"

"Fufu~ Don't be so modest, (Y/N). We have our extra clothes and we'd like to give you gifts for making us these lovely jewels as well."

"I don't know anything to give you as something as expensive. But the least I can do to you was to give you these gloves for your own good."

Remembering those comments made (Y/N) gratefully leapt for joy. As soon as they've arrived at the gates of their home, a smile creep up to her face as she halts. Winter wind blows to her and exposed skin, gently embraces her as well in a welcoming manner.

"Huuuuhhh~ We finally made it back, y'know." Grim sighs in relief, yet tiredly yawns while (Y/N) only nods.

"Heeeey there, you two!" Uncle Gregg calls out and the duo turn around to see them all floating towards them in haste.

"Even the faces of those old geezer-ghosts look cute after our prison life, y'know." Grim playfully mumbles with a cheeky grin while (Y/N) chuckles awkwardly.

As soon as they'd able to reach one another, their loving Ghost Uncles envelops (Y/N) in their cold embrace and she hugs them tighter in return while one of them sighs in huge relief.

"We thought you might've gone over to the other side since you didn't come home for so long! Everyone was worried sick. Heeheehee..." Uncle Chubs admits and the other ghosts agree.

"It's a huge relief to see you back safe and sound." Uncle Timmy added, sniffing while hugging her tight.

"We went ahead and took care of giving the Fire Fae their daily logs." Uncle Gregg informs and the Ramshackle Duo went shock.

"Ffgna?! Now that you mention it, we completely forgot!" Grim yelps shockingly, frowning with his flaming ears drooping.

"No way we're spending our holiday in a block of ice." Uncle Chubs spoke again and Uncle Gregg vigorously nods.

"Yup, yup! And the feast the Headmaster ordered has showed up." Uncle Timmy added and Grim's frown went beaming brightly.

"Nyahah~! Feast Time!! I gotta lay my eyes on this right now!" Grim laughs and hops off while (Y/N) calls out for him in panic.

They are already gone as soon as they'd left (Y/N) behind on her own. However she couldn't have a heart to hate them, instead she could only smiles softly at them worrying and sighs a bit.

"Ooh? Are you back?" A voice spoke from behind (Y/N) when she turns around, confusedly while humming.

As (Y/N) look behind her, she loudly yelps surprisingly and backs away upon seeing a familiar fae who always greets her with such odd manner. But upon recognizing the one and only Vice-Dorm Leader of Diasomnia, she sighs in relief hugely and calming her rapid heart.

"You scared me out there, Lilia-senpai." (Y/N) pouts a bit while Lilia thinly smiles playfully.

"Kufufu~ You're adorable, Beastie. I might make that a habit of spooking you if you kept giving me that reaction." Lilia chuckles and playfully winking at her, yet (Y/N) smiles a bit at his antics.

"Anyways, I've come to deliver a Holiday Card addressed to you from a certain individual." Lilia informs and took out a letter, much to (Y/N)'s confusion.

"A Holiday Card? For me?!" (Y/N) responds dumbfounded before Lilia nods meekly, beckoning her to accept his delivery.

She carefully opens the letter with a gold-wax stamp, also piques her curiosity. Then (Y/N) took out a half-folded card with a gothic theme and reading the letter written down on the card silently. However what mostly pique her interests is the mysterious initials written below the letter.

"He was sulking about since he wasn't invited to any holiday parties again this year..." Lilia frowns and (Y/N) look up to him, blinking.

"Please be sure to invite him if you ever happen to host a party with your friends." He also said and (Y/N) nods reassuringly in response.

"Oh, wait?! Um... Lilia-senpai, could you wait for a moment?" (Y/N) spoke and stops him as she caught his hand and Lilia turns to her, humming curiously.

"Well... I'll go get my presents for you too. I haven't give it since I couldn't find you at all at the Dorms, but please could I have a moment before you lea—" She sheepishly insists while fidgeting, until the fae chuckles and places his finger on her lips.

"No need to be frantic, my dear~ I've already receive them when one of the ghosts in your Dorm have already deliver it to us." Lilia coos reassuringly while grinning, much to her surprise.

"Then, my business here is done." He spoke again and took his hand away, much to her relief.

As she smiles at him and about to bid him farewell, Lilia smirks a little more and leaning close. His hand went behind her head and pulling her close to place an unexpected kiss on her forehead,caught her ultimately off-guard.

"Have a wonderful holiday, my dear Beastie." Lilia mumbles and he disappears, a soft smile plaster on his face with a lovingly gaze.

As he left the trails of sparkling fireflies, (Y/N) blinks surprisingly and unconsciously lifts her fingers at her forehead. Her cheeks suddenly redden and look down at the letter again, still curious of its mysterious messenger.

"(Y/N)!!!! If you don't get in here, you're gonna miss the feast!" Grim calls out and (Y/N) finally snaps out of her thoughts as she flinches.

"Oh, uh... YES, I'M COMING!" (Y/N) replies frantically, immediately run towards her home with an enthusiastic smile again.

"Ho ho ho~! Happy Holiday!!" Uncle Timmy cheers and all of them had smiles on their faces, deciding to spend their time together with a feast as it still lasts.