Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 34

3rd. Person's POV

In despite of the sheer coldness surrounds them, it also dropped drastically when the silence ensues momentarily. The Octavinelle Trio could only dead panning at the grey-cat in disbelief while Kalim gives him a dumbfounded stare.

"Eh...?!" Kalim reacts to him in utterly surprised and Grim went irked annoyingly at him.

Without a second thought, Grim immediately pounces on him and starts scratching him furiously. Azul and Jade also swats the two while the angry grey-cat is still furiously glaring at Kalim.

"GRIM-SAN! Calm down and think straight first before clawing anyone wildly like furniture." Azul scolds light, holding the wiggling Grim on his grasps tighter.

"UGH!!! Listen here, Kalim! It is your fault that annoying prick Jamil is acting this way! You're at fault that we're in this situation, get (Y/N) separated from us again, and a good guy wouldn't discard his friend out like garbage at the faraway dessert!" Grim grumbles annoyed, pointing at the shocked Kalim furiously.

"But y'know, I'm with Seally on this. Baby Otter, it's like you're too much of a good boy... How to put this... It's annoying." Floyd surprisingly agrees and Kalim looks at him, utterly flabbergasted.

"That's right. If someone had betrayed me like that, I would use every word in my lexicon to mentally and emotionally break them. Then tie them up and drown them in the sea. Saying it was your fault goes well past being a good person and right into creepy." Jade also added, yet grinning politely that scares them.

"Creep...?! But, really! Jamil would never betray me...!" Kalim insists and look at each of them, disagreeing.

"Umm... He stabbed you right in the back. Then he went and tried to frame you and get you thrown out. He's just sucks~" Floyd dead pans again and Kalim sweat drop on the spot.

"Comparing his behavior to Azul makes Azul look like a paragon of goodness. I think you can yell "TRAITOR!" to his face with confidence." Jade agrees as well, also encouraging him with a wider grin.

"What kind of confidence...? That's not really praiseworthy, y'know." Grim deadpans at his blunt suggestion, utterly huffing in skepticism.

"The things you say out of unwavering faith in others will rub people like Jamil and I the wrong way. Rather to those who live their lived on a budget, it sounds like condescending sarcasm." Azul spoke too bluntly and silence ensues once more.

Kalim felt guilty again as he hang his head low, leaving them look at him in pity again. Then Azul approach him once more after he asks Floyd to restraint the feral Grim, patting his shoulder and Kalim looks up again in surprised.

"You've been pushing Jamil-san around since you were little, behaving like that. However, you haven't done anything wrong." Azul reassures while smiling and Kalim looks up to him, gleaming.

"You were born with a status that puts you above others, raised and basking in the love of your parents and people around you so you grew up into a good and honest person. Therefore, you have become unknowingly arrogant." He added too and Jade nods from behind him slightly.

"In Kalim-san's case, he's probably also naturally naïve as a person like (Y/N). But I must digress that the Ramshackle Prefect herself is far more independent than you are." Jade agrees too, humming a bit at the thought of the certain (H/C)-haired Prefect.

"... Really? Jamil is a bad guy... huh?" Kalim mumbles softly, yet finally look up to them with determination.