Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 33

3rd. Person's POV

In an unexpected turns of events, the group were defeated by Jamil's overwhelming power. (Y/N) calls out for them worriedly, yet her voice was slightly muffled behind the barrier. Jamil's form strides his way towards them, also sinisterly chuckling at their misery.

"Incompetent kings, con artists... I have no use for any of you!" Jamil proclaims, grinning at them sadistically.

He stole Kalim's Magic Staff by magic, gravitationally pulling it forcibly from his grasps. He also swung his staff at them too, causing them to forcibly letting go of their Magic Pens by his strong wind magic.

"TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH WITH YOU, AND NEVER RETURN!" He spoke again, grinning wide and crazily enjoys Kalim's look of betrayal.

With another swipes of the staff he now holding reigns, the Octavinelle Trio along with Grim and Kalim screams loudly as he throws them out like goofballs out of the Dorm via magic.

(Y/N) loudly calls out for them in despair and banging her barrier again in attempt, yet in no avail as she could only watch them got out and being left behind unknowingly.

"NICE SHOOOOOOT!!! FUHAHAHAHA! Farewell, Kalim!! HYAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~!" Jamil laughs maniacally, seeing them goodbye darkly in satisfaction.

The magic finally wears off and (Y/N) flatly face-planting on the floor forward. She grunts softly in pain, wincing as she slowly get herself up until a dark chuckle echoes again.

"Hmph~ You're no bad at all, Prefect... No—My little Peacock..." Jamil coos darkly and forcibly grabs her chin, scaring her with his crazed obsession.

~🌸~

Their screams echo through the blue skies and they're holding onto each other until they've landed with a loud boom at the faraway edge of the dessert.

The cold sheers of the winds and the dark skies greet them mockingly as soon as they've awoken in an empty and dull land far away from the Dorm. A huge dent was created when they finally reach their destination, slowly grunts in pain and winces.

"Owowow~ Why do these things keep happening to us...!" Grim grumbles, swaying a bit before face-planting on the cold sands tiredly.

"Looks like he sent us flying pretty far." Azul groans painfully, looking around them after he lightly shakes his dazing head.

"Holy crap, it's freezing...! Like under the glacier~" Floyd curses underneath his breath, slight trembling while rubbing his both forearms for warmth.

"Kalim-san. Kalim-san, are you alright? Please hang in there." Jade calls out and shaking Kalim who is lying unconscious upon landing, until he is groaning and slowly squint his eyes open.

"Uhh... ugh... Where are...?" Kalim grunts while Jade helps him a bit, groaning in pain as he sat up and held his head.

"I'm so relieved that you've come to. We've somehow made it to the end of Scarabia's territory." Jade sighs in relief, yet frowns upon the place they've thrown to.

"Grim has his fur to keep himself warm, and we merfolk are built to withstand a certain level of cold. But..." Azul trails off suddenly, looking around them once more and clenches in anger.

"This level of cold will put Kalim-san's life at risk if we stay here too long." Azul continues and all of them were struck by a sudden realization.

"FFNGYA?! DID WE JUST FORGOT (Y/N) BEHIND WITH THAT EVIL JAMIL?!!!" Grim shrieks again so shockingly, went utterly pale.

"We don't have a broom or carpet with us either, so flying isn't possible. Whatever shall we do?" Jade added too, agreeing and worries albeit.

"I'm tired, but we probably have to walk~" Floyd sighs again, annoyingly scratching behind his head.

"We spent quite a long time flying before we crash landed here, so walking back could take hours..." Azul sighs heavily while agreeing, and then summoning a golden contract with his agreement with Floyd in it.

"Before that though Floyd, that voice disturbs me. I'm going to tear up the contract and return you to normal." He spoke again sternly, turning to Floyd who also looks back at him pouting.

"Whaaat?! But I really like it~! Besides, Little Shrimp haven't hear me singing in a dee—" Floyd whines, but Azul tears their golden contract apart before even letting him finish his sentence.

As the golden paper was torn apart, it becomes a magic pulverized and the wind carries it away. Although, Azul kept his dead panning glare at Floyd who is busy clearing his throat first.

"... Ehem! Ahh, ahhh~ Yeah, it's back to normal." Floyd coughs a bit, back to his usual and normal with slight mischievous tone.

"As your brother, I'm very impressed and proud that you'd enter a contract with Azul to lend him your Unique Magic. I feel like he'd make up some reason to not return the magic, so I'd absolutely never make a deal with him." Jade spoke and smirks a bit politely, although is amused.

"That totally sounds like something he'd do~ But I wouldn't really be upset if I didn't get it back. Once I got tired of that voice, I'd just make a new contract!" Floyd nonchalantly added too, shrugging while grinning too.

"I can hear you." Azul dead pans sternly while irking at them annoyed, yet the twins are just shrugging at him.

The sounds of sniffs and soft hiccups made them turning around again confusedly, only to see Kalim sitting on the ground while hanging his head low and his shoulders trembling.

"... Jamil... I believed him..." Kalim mutters to himself, tears cascading until falling down the sands beneath him.

"Huh? Baby Otter, are you crying~? Your tears are gonna freeze." Floyd dead pans while dumbfounded and blinks at him.

"It's all my fault. I drove him into a corner without even realizing..." Kalim whimpers as he cries while clenching his fists tight on his lap, fidgety in guilt.

"Jamil... really isn't the kind of guy to do those things... He's always helping me and is a super reliable and good guy..." He added and the Octavinelle Trio turns to each other, also pitying him.

"But y'know, Kalim... Ain't that what backed him into a corner?" Grim bluntly dead pans and all of them look at him, utterly dumbfounded and shock.

 Ain't that what backed him into a corner?" Grim bluntly dead pans and all of them look at him, utterly dumbfounded and shock