Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 40

3rd. Person's POV

A night fell completely as the feast has ended. As the cold wind embrace the full-moon night, a certain duo are sleeping peacefully in their shared bed as they're both snuggle together.

"Mmyah, mynah... Hmmm~ This turkey's mine, y'know..." Grim groggily mumbles in his sleep, goofily grinning and unconsciously leaning to (Y/N)'s head.

Yet in the middle of the night, the gaps of the peaceful night were interrupted by a hunting lullaby of a music box. (Y/N) carefully opening her eyes and slowly sat up, turning towards the glowing mirror on top of the small fireplace.

She carefully lifts the cover away from them and left their bed when she walks up towards its direction. Her footsteps were softer and her eyes dully glow.

As she is able to reach the mirror and places her palm on it, it glows brighter and swirling shadows are appearing on its surface. It forms into a silhouette while (Y/N) strangely stares at it coldly.

"... Hello? Do you hear me?" A man's voice spoke behind the fogs of the mirror before (Y/N) nods slowly in response with a hum.

"Good, now listen well carefully. Our enemies, Dark Phoenixes, continue to persuade you at all cost. We, Phantom Thieves, do whatever we must to protect you in despite of the risk to take." It informs while appearing to be a man around early 30's.

"You are the hope for this twisted world, my dear daughter. You shall never abhor this world and succumb to its darkness." It said again, its shadowy hand reaches out and a gloved hand carefully caressing her cheek.

"Your soul must shine bright than pale-gold, at all cost." It spoke again before retracting his hand back inside the glowing mirror.

(Y/N)'s hand went to her bare cleavage when black-ink mark slowly materializes on top of her skin where her heart resides. It has a diamond shape in the middle with a wing-like mark.

It starts to glow than the mirror's smooth surface like a black crystal, yet gloomier than her eyes that slowly turning dull-gold.

"Once again, my dear daughter... Remember what I have always told you." It whispers and the mirror slowly dies down, leaving (Y/N) standing on her tracks in cold silence.

"Bring forth thy LIGHT, among the DARKEST HEARTS for the despairing souls of... Twisted Wonderland."

The Next Chapter Begins: Journey Ahead Once More