The Merchant of the Deep Sea: Chapter 17

3rd. Person's POV

As soon as the trio met up in the Mirror Chamber, the A-Deuce Duo was glad to get meet them again. As they both have spotted them coming up, Grim is sitting atop of (Y/N)'s shoulder with Jack trailing behind them.

"Oh, (N/N)! You finally came." Ace greets her casually with a wave and (Y/N) acknowledges him by nodding meekly.

"Yep. Sorry for keeping you waiting, guys." (Y/N) apologizes sheepishly while the Heartslabyul boys were looking at her from head to toe, confusedly.

Ramshackle's Prefect is already having changed into her comfortable clothing for swimming. (Y/N)'s clothing consisted of fitted rash guard with long sleeves and a pair of black leggings and waterproof running shoes. Her hair was neatly combed and tied into a lower ponytail.

Curiously, they're continue staring at her as her clothing hugging her figure very well. After realizing, they're all averted their eyes off her and Deuce clears his throat first.

"You're wearing differently though, (N/N). Didn't you attend classes?" Deuce asks whilst humming before Ace glares at him.

"Obviously, dumbass! She was supposed to be here already with us if she were." Ace scolds him annoyingly while (Y/N) could only awkwardly chuckles at them.

"Jack keeps dragging her out to change clothes and that's why we're a bit delayed." Grim grumbles with his paws crossed, glaring at the wolf-man behind them.

"She shouldn't be wearing skirt in Coral Sea, especially when she's going to swim. It would be only bothered to her to move around underwater." Jack admits, sending them a slight glares and they're gulping whilst shuddering.

(Y/N) obliviously watching them before blinking dumbfounded and Grim's letting out a huge sigh of disbelief. As they're finally settle down later on, (Y/N) carefully took out the potions Azul made for them per the contract says.

Each one of them all took one shell-shaped vial into their hands while eyeing it suspiciously the glowing green potions inside.

"This potion we got from Azul... is it really going to allow us to breathe underwater?" Deuce asks uncertainly while suspiciously eyeing his potion in his gloved hand.

"Wondering won't do us any good. We have to just drink it." Jack interrupts and (Y/N) agrees by nodding meekly besides him.

"Well then, do this on "go"." Ace spoke up, turning to his team who were also nodding to each other before popping its cork open in sync.

"Ready... go!" Ace signals and they're all went drinking it together in three gulps until it emptied, letting out a long sigh.

"Ugh... Thi-This is..." Deuce gags surprisingly with his eyes widens and others start coughing up a bit upon the taste.

"Bleeegh! It tastes like dried frog mixed with rotten mushrooms, y'know!" Grim complains on (Y/N)'s shoulder while the (H/C)-haired girl shudders in disgusts.

"What kind of example is that? What the hell are you eating?!" Jack dead pans, completely confused before suddenly coughing up a bit too.

"... This flavor is a punch in the face..." Jack mutters to himself, disgusted of the taste the potion left in his tongue.

"The way potions taste is a serious problem if you ask me. How the hell do adults put up with this? Blegh~" Ace gags in utterly disgusted by the taste, whining.

"Effectiveness is more important than taste. Hm..." Deuce scolds with a glare towards the auburn-male besides him.