Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 11

3rd. Person's POV

Soon after their dinner, Kalim demands them already to go out at their Courtyard and went into their practice. Their Dorm Leader went all out and defeated them in magic.

Long before an hour, the residents are on the floor huffing and wheezing heavily as they're sweating hard. Yet their Dorm Leader pay no heed on them as he just stood with his dull eyes looking down on them.

"That's all for today! Tomorrow afternoon, we will march to the East Oasis. I won't go easy on slackers, so be prepared!" Kalim dismisses sternly before and he left his residents heavily breathing tiredly.

"... My arms and legs are throbbing..." A Scarabian member whines between his huffs and pants.

"Water... Someone, water..." Another begs and wheezing on the floor, tired.

"And we have to march through the dessert tomorrow..." Another spoke too and they're all groans again tiredly.

"What's gotten into the Dorm Leader?! He wasn't like this before..." The first member whines as the others were as tired as they were.

With Jamil and the Ramshackle Duo, Grim fell on his butt tired as (Y/N) sways a bit and about to fell unconscious again on the floor if it wasn't for Jamil to caught her steady in his arms.

"... Is... it over...? That guy was all laughs and smiles before~! What the hell made him flip his switch so fast?!" Grim whines tiredly as Jamil helps (Y/N) settle down carefully on the stairs.

"He's probably worried about Scarabia's standing in the Magift Tournament and final exams. He probably feels responsible. Lately, he's been really emotionally unstable." Jamil confesses sadly and the Ramshackle Duo looks at him in disbelief.

"That wasn't just some emotions going haywire. He was like a different person." Grim opposes bluntly and Jamil sighs heavily, dreaded and troubled.

"I've known him for a long time, and Kalim is distressed over how to handle this. What he says is all over the place and he sometimes gets iron-fisted... We can't keep up." Jamil confesses again and he noticeably sways tiredly.

Before he could fell unconscious, (Y/N) swiftly steadies him on time and settling Jamil next to her. (Y/N) begun to worry as she asks him, yet Jamil replies with a light shake of his head "No." and held her by her arms as he's started trembling.

"The other residents had no problem following his introductions before, but recently we're all at a loss with his mood swings." Jamil mumbles while the Ramshackle Duo looks at him worried and confused.

"Orders like the one we just got are becoming more frequent. It's only a matter of time before the residents' emotions come to a head and erupt." He confesses and the certain duo went taken aback surprisingly.

"I've somehow managed to follow him around so far but, even I'm starting to reach my limit." Jamil added and looking up to (Y/N), pleading her silently through his eyes as he's trembling and holding back his pricking tears.

"You and Trey from Heartslabyul sure have it rough." Grim comments bluntly and (Y/N) turns to scold him, but then Jamil gasps as he thought of an idea.

He looks up in beam and Jamil caught (Y/N) taken aback again as he slips his hold and clasping their hands together. He look deeply into her eyes with spark of hope and delight in his.

"Ah! That's right... You must be the "diamond in the rough"!" Jamil exclaims and that made Grim confused and (Y/N) surprised again.

"Huh? Come again?" Grim asks and blinking dumbfounded, utterly confused.