Tactician of the Hot Sands: Chapter 16

3rd. Person's POV

Long hours has passed and the night skies risen high in skies again. After they'd practice in such long hours, one or two of the Scarabia members are dragging the Ramshackle Duo back to their room.

It is as dark out as they'd lock the door with many padlocks around the huge door's knobs from the outside. After that, they'd sigh heavily when they've made sure the door won't budge or a bit loosen.

"... Okay. We made sure those guys from Ramshackle Dorm are locked up tight in here." An upperclassman spoke first after they'd sigh and his underclassman nodded a bit besides him.

"Let's continue our guard rotation." An underclassman suggests too and his upperclassman agrees by nodding back to him, sighing again.

"There's a lot of residents trying to run away. Dorm Leader Kalim is furious. Apparently, he's not listening to Vice Dorm Jamil's advice either." The upperclassman groans and the underclassman look down, holding back his tears attempting to spill off their eyes.

"How long will things go on like this...? I wanna go home." His underclassman sobs softly as he's trembling, gaining an annoyed scoff from his taller upperclassman.

"Stop your whining. I'd much rather be home with my family too..." The upperclassman scolds him and patting his shoulder, comforting them before they walk away eventually.

~🌸~

Meanwhile from the inside, (Y/N)'s leaning her back at the door listening attentively as she felt pity for those whoever from outside of their room talking.

Her heart clenches at the very mere thought of the whole residents suffering from the same prison life as they are, also forced to follow unbelievable commands now and then.

"... Did the night watch move on?" Grim asks and (Y/N) only nods to him silently in reply.

She's sitting on the floor, pulling her legs closer and burying her face on her knees as thoughts of impossibilities plaguing her mind. Grim is sitting across her with his back slouching and sighing heavily from exhaustion.

"We got so worked so hard I thought I'd lose my lunch this afternoon." Grim whines and (Y/N) remain silent, keeping her head down and burying her face.

"Headmaster isn't coming to our rescue either. We have no choice but to handle this ourselves, which is why I went out of my way to come up with a foolproof plan." Grim grumbles annoyingly and cockily grinning, causing (Y/N) to look at him confused.

"Listen and be astounded. I grabbed the most important item for our escape during lunch today." Grim said excitedly as he starts went through her jean's pockets, confusing her furthermore.

"... Look at this!" Grim exclaims happily as he took out a silver spoon he tucked earlier, surprising (Y/N) by him.

"We'll use this spoon to dig our way through the floor, bit by bit!" Grim added too while cheekily grinning at her.

"B-But... That's gonna need time and perseverance..." (Y/N) stutters and she nervously sighing, but Grim only smirks mischievously at her.

"I got this! I was called the burrowing escape artist back home. You keep a look out so we don't get caught!" Grim reassures her confidently and walks away, sniffing the whole floor for a spot to dig.

As confused and dumbfounded as (Y/N) really is by him, she's left with no choice but to trusts him with the planning.

She's sitting still on the same spot and leaning her ear against the door, listening carefully from the outside while Grim's started digging at the secluded corner nearing the doorframes using a spoon he sneak out from their lunch banquet.