Chapter 2

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Leah's POV

Thursday 12:29 PM

I walk down the stairs and hear Liam in the living room talking.

"Liam, who are you talking to?" I query as I walk into the living room.

"I'm talking to Shanny, Lee," he answers with a hint of annoyance.

"Hey, watch it," I reprimand him and he sulks.

I continue into the kitchen and start preparing something for him to eat. He has been staying with me since Shanya's wedding last Saturday. Dad had to go back to work and since it's still summer holiday I didn't want him to stay home alone.

He is recovering well but he's stubborn and I don't trust that he will take his meds without supervision. He hasn't put up a fight recently, I'm thinking Shan must've spoken to him or something. She's the only person he listens to without any push back, I thank God for that because when he's ready to be unnecessarily determined all I want to do is kill him.

I quickly make a sandwich for him and bring it to him with a bottle of water.

"Can't I have some soda?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"No, I'll let you have a little on Sunday," I tell him, and he groans.

"Ok, thanks," he says and continues talking on his phone.

"I'm upstairs," I tell him but he only nods.

As I get back to my bedroom, I check my phone and see a message from Christopher.

Christopher's Chat

Christopher: Hey beautiful, have you given any thought to my date offer for this Saturday?

Me: Hey Chris, I still have my little brother with me, so I won't be able to.

Christopher: Why do I get the feeling you're trying to avoid me?

Me: If that was the case, I wouldn't be entertaining your calls and messages.

Christopher: True, can't you get someone to stay with him?

Me: Remember Shan is on her honeymoon, so I don't have anyone.

Christopher: Ok I understand.

I don't type a response I just move on to my next unread message.

Aaron's Chat

Aaron: Hi Leah, I'm free on Saturday, I'd really love for us to get together.

Me: Hi Aaron, I can't, I have my little brother with me.

Aaron: What does he like doing? We can go somewhere kids friendly.

Me: He likes video games.

Aaron: Ok, I'll find some cool spots and share them with you.

Me: Okie no problem.

I like Aaron, he's Jess's friend and co-worker. He doesn't only have a dope personality, but he looks good too. I like that he's willing to bring my brother along, I appreciate that.