Chapter 26

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Shanya's POV

I knock on the door to Kim's bedroom, but she doesn't answer.

"Kim," I call out to her and open the door.

She's sitting on the sofa crying, I close the door and walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her and let her cry.

"What's wrong hon?" I ask and she pulls away. I get up and grab some tissue from the nightstand and give it to her as I sit back beside her.

"Dane says if I don't marry him then we're over," she says.

"I thought you wanted to marry him," I'm confused.

"Yes but I don't think I'm ready yet," she says which further confuses me.

"I don't understand, you guys love each other, why are you having second thoughts? It can't be the dress because I got you the undergarment that is gentle on your incision but made to hold you in. You will look beautiful, I promise you so tell me what's wrong," I sigh.

"I was engaged once before, he was my high school boyfriend. We had our life planned out and everything was going great, I loved him deeply.

He was my first for everything and we were inseparable from seventh grade. When we graduated he proposed to me right before we went to sixth form. Our parents were ok with it because they all knew each other and we're both from good homes.

We were supposed to get married the summer before university, I was so excited that I spent months planning our wedding. One week before my wedding I found out that he was sleeping with my best friend.

Shan, I almost lost my mind, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I started going crazy. My parents had to take me to the hospital and I spent weeks there on suicide watch.

I never saw it coming, I was caught off guard. Chrissy was my best friend, my sister, we did everything together from the day we met in primary school and for her to betray me like that, cuts deep. What Romaine did, hurt like hell, but it was her betrayal that pushed me over the edge.

When I came out of the hospital my parents sold our home and bought a house in Kingston, we packed up everything and moved from Mandeville. It took Mummy a while to get a teaching job but Daddy was able to transfer to the Kingston office and he held us down.

I took a year off before starting university and I decided that I wouldn't let anyone get close to me again. I stopped talking to everyone back home because it seems everyone knew what was going on. I focused on school and stayed away from people.

When I was in my second year I was walking on campus minding my business and this Mercedes Benz stopped at my foot. Dane was driving and he asked for my number.

I told him no, even though I found him attractive; I wasn't interested, the only thing left for me to do was join the convent.

That night, I got a text from a number that I didn't know. It was Dane and he knew my name and everything. Even now he won't tell me how he got my information.

He would message me sparingly and after a while, I started looking forward to his messages. He was witty, level headed and sweet. When I agreed to go on a date with him, he was the perfect gentleman. He waited on me too and I knew it must have been hard.

It took me six months to get to a place where I was comfortable opening myself up physically to another man. Our first time together was a mess, I had a fucking panic attack in the middle of it.

He didn't make me feel embarrassed about it, he showered me and put me to bed. I had to redeem myself the second time so that was lit," she chuckles and continues.