Chapter 44

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Shanya's POV

Friday 2:05 PM

Alex helps me put on a dress that he brought from home. God really blessed me with a good man, I couldn't have chosen a better husband. Lilli told everyone that she needed to run some tests as a way of making them leave the room.

She says that Alex and I need some private time and that she will be back in about two hours. Alex told me what happened, but I don't remember much of it. I remember not feeling well and him dropping me off at my mother's, but I don't remember anything after that.

Alex has been so gentle, after everyone left, he showered me, taking his time to wash me properly. I'm weak and he didn't fuss when I put my soapy hands on his shoulder getting his shirt wet. He dried my body and lift me out of the shower, now he's helping me put on my dress.

He lifts me and walks with me back into the room because it hurts when I walk, I kiss his neck and he sighs.

I feel like somebody beat me in my sleep, my joints are sore, and my skin has some red marks on it. I have a headache, but Lilli asked if my discomfort is something that I can bear because if she doesn't have to give me any drugs she would prefer not to because of the baby.

If I stay in one spot I hardly feel the pain except for the headache and I will make the sacrifice to help my munchkin pull through.

Lilli says she is going to put back in the catheter so that I don't have to get up to use the bathroom if I need to pee. I hate it and the thought of it gives me the chills but anything to save my baby.

He puts me on the bed and fixes the pillows behind my back so that I can sit upright.

"Good?" He questions and I smile and nod, my mouth feels so clean and fresh, and I kiss his lips.

"Thank you?" I say.

"For what Sexy Girl?" He asks as he brushes my hair with my hairbrush.

"For taking such good care of me, for giving me a shower and brushing my teeth, now you're fixing my hair, I appreciate you," I tell him and he smiles.

"In sickness and in health Nya," he kisses my cheek.

"So, Jubba found the guy?" I question and he nods.

"Yeah, he's in the bunker, Jubba gave him too much of the sleeping drug and he was out cold so we couldn't talk to him. He's awake now but you are my priority," he responds and I smile.

"Ok, but you won't be talking to him today either," I state.

"Why not?" He queries.

"Because my husband needs to sleep, he is tired and looks like he's about to fall over," I say and rub his cheek.

"Nya, I'm fine," he says and kisses my palm.

"I'm serious Alex, you need to get some sleep. He's not going anywhere, and you are running on empty, so it doesn't even make sense because you'll be too short-tempered; promise me, Alex," I beg, making him sigh.

"I promise, I'll be able to sleep now that you are awake. I just want you out of here and in your own bed," he says.

"So, you can have your way with me?" I wink at him and he laughs.

"Nya that's all you think about, we can't do anything for the next few weeks anyway. Mom wants us to be careful so she's putting you on bed rest," he explains but I don't like what I'm hearing.

"No, what about school?" I question.

"I got you an extension on your presentation and Kadian and Daryl are securing your notes. I will meet with the school next week to work out an online agreement because there's no fucking way, I'm letting you out of my sight," I want to disagree, but I know this is not the time. I'll have to work on him to get what I want but I won't be getting anything if he's in this mood.