Chapter 62

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Jubba's POV

Friday 4:40 PM

"Boss you told me not to come because you'd only be gone for one hour and look deh. Mi no like dat enuh, I was going to leave and come get you," I comment as I open the door for Alex.

He laughs, "I was at Dane's, so I was very safe Jubba, yuh just love hitch up pon mi," he grins, and I kiss my teeth.

"No man, I was wondering if the meeting was going to take forever," I complain.

"I want to tell you that it's not finished but I did tell Dad that I had another meeting, so they were all informed at the start," he answers as he follows me inside.

"Weh Nya?" he asks.

"Upstairs a laugh like dem no have no sense and nyam all kinda shit. Yuh know she put peanut butter pon d pudding and nyam it, yuck," I explain and he grins.

"Dem tek d senseless laughing from you, mi just glad she alive fi eat all d fuckry she wants and bawl fi everything," he shakes his head and smiles.

"Is how she almost bawl when mi ask her wah she ago eat peanut butter wid, mi jus hurry go get it," I share and he roars with laughter.

Where's Richard?" he asks and sits on the sofa.

"On his way up from yuh mother in law's yard, yuh think dem dweet?" I question and start laughing.

"Yeah, they've done it, no bother ask mi how mi know, mi no waan think bout it," he says and starts typing on his phone.

"No yuh cyaan do dat, so Mama G forget bout church now?" I press and he looks at me and smirks.

"No, that's why dem nah do nothing now, she struggled with it, repent and a bag a tings. Think dem start from last December before she came up for Christmas and he went to Canada and the last time was after my wedding.

I don't know anything else Jubba so please leave me alone," I start laughing but decide not to ask any further questions, one ting bout Alex him ago know people business.

Richard walks into the house, and I see the worried look on his face, this must be hard for him.

"Hi Jubba, Alex, where's Lee?" he asks and sits on the sofa opposite Alex.

"Upstairs with Shan, let me go get them," Alex says as he stands and heads upstairs.

"Yuh good Pops?" I ask and hand him a bottle of water.

"I've dreaded this moment for years, I hope my heart won't give out," he responds and takes a big gulp from the bottle.

"Are you sure you want us to be here when you tell her?" I question because I know this is a sensitive topic.

"Yes, you already know and I trust you guys, plus I need the support," he responds and I nod.

"Daddy, what's going on," Leah asks as she walks into the living room.

Alex puts Shan to lay on the sofa and fixes the pillows behind her back and then he sits and rests her feet in his lap while slowly massaging them.

I move to the corner and watch as Richard pulls Leah to sit beside him, I see the questions in her eyes, and I want to go and comfort her but I stand still because this is between her and her father.

"Sit, Munchkin, I should have told you this years ago but there was never a right time, I hope you'll forgive me and understand why I kept it from you," Richards pleads.