Chapter 56❗

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Graphic Content ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Proceed With Caution!!!!!

Jubba's POV

Wednesday 6:30 PM

I sit in the corner of Alex's office and rest my head in my hands as I wait not so patiently for him to finish working. He told me to go home and that he would let me know when he was finished but I couldn't leave. I need to know what is going on as soon as he knows what the fuck is going on.

"Jordon," Alex says, and I look up and place my hand over my heart, this is bad, Alex only calls me by my given name when things are serious. I can't speak, my heart is beating too fast, I take a deep breath and Alex sighs.

"Mom is right, we need to talk to Richard," he says but I still can't form the words.

"This is deeper than I thought, Leah's mother, Dyan was bad news, she made money from pimping out children to paedophiles. She did the same thing to Leah but that is not why she's in prison, they couldn't find any evidence to support that because it was Leah's word against hers.

She was abusive to her children, and she almost killed both Leah and Liam. Liam was in the hospital for months; he was just a baby when it happened. This report says he suffered a broken shoulder and arm, he also suffered a hit to his head.

There's another report showing where Richard was arrested for assault. I'm guessing maybe he attacked Dyan after he discovered what she did. I can't find anything else about his case... interesting.

I didn't know they lived here in Kingston, Leah and Liam were born at Jubilee, they moved to Montego Bay after the mother was sent to prison.

Pree dis," he says and points to the monitor above my head, I turn to look at the screen, Jesus Christ my heart needs to slow down.

"This is a message that I recovered from Leah's phone, it came in two months ago but she deleted it," I read the message and instantly I know that it was from her mother.

Message

Hi Leah-Mia, I will be in Jamaica soon and I want to see you and your brother. I'll let you know when I get there, baby.

"So, Richard and Dyan mek up dis foreign story, a come she a come a road?" I ask Alex and he nods.

"Yeah, she has another month," he says, and I get up and start pacing.

"The thing about it is that the message wasn't sent from the prison, the signal shows Ziadie Gardens but I can't get a reading on the number, the phone has been off since that text," he explains.

Wah d bloodclaat!

"Boss how Ziadie Gardens drop in, d only person mi know from deh so is Amoye," I put my hands on my head, take a deep breath and exhale.

"My mind went there too but I can't find a connection, we need to talk to Richard," he states.

"Suppose he doesn't want to tell us anything?" I question and he smiles.

"I'll just invite him over and give him some of Mom's liquid truth," he grins and I can't help laughing, Lilli is one scary woman.

He takes up his phone and it rings without an answer, he calls again with it on speaker and Richard answers.

Richard: Hi Alex, I couldn't find the phone [chuckles].

Alex: Hey Richard, how are you and Liam doing?

Richard: Wi good enuh, he's finishing up his homework to go to bed. How's Shanny doing?

Alex: She's getting better, she's resting now. Mom says she can go for five-minute walks by next week because the baby is recovering nicely. She hates being in the bed and isn't afraid to let me know it.