Chapter 31

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Jubba's POV

"Why would you say that?" Alex asks me after I told him what happened. He's sitting in my kitchen, and I'm stuffing myself with cheesecake that Leah made.

"Mi no know, mi no like seh him a call her, mi no like seh she ago meet up wid him," I confess.

"I'm sure that's about the catering gig I heard her and Shanya talking about," he says and I nod.

"Yes, she told him that she didn't know how to price it and he offered to help. Mi no like seh a him mek d link and mi no like seh she ago work wid him. If it was just business, why him ago chat bout him waan taste her again? Leah come fi mad mi enuh, I swear!" I exclaim and he laughs.

"This is her dream, and you can't stand in her way regardless of how you feel. Why didn't you offer to help her with the pricing? You are good at these things," he asks, and I shake my head.

"She not even explain the job clearly to me and she sure as hell never told me that she was having issues. She gone ask this fool and then a class me as friend! Sometimes mi feel like seh a mi alone care bout d relationship. She has never told me how she feels, and it all feels one-sided," I complain.

"Jubba, she doesn't need to tell you how she feels when it's obvious in the way she looks at you, the way she speaks about and to you and most importantly the things that she does for you. Leah loves you, even the blind can see that, but you must be patient. She's fighting some battles of her own and as her partner, you must be patient and kind," he explains.

"You know something, what is it?" I question.

"I don't know much honestly, just something I came across in my research, I didn't dig any further because it's Leah. I never asked Nya about it either and for some reason, I get the feeling that Leah doesn't know the full story," he says, and my curiosity is peaked.

"Boss just tell mi, yuh no affi question seh this is between us," I beg, and he sighs.

"Leah's mother is in prison on some child endangerment charges having to do with Leah and Liam. Remember when she told us that her mother was supposed to help with the fees, but she didn't, that's when we were trying to find out why Shanya sent her money?" He asks and I nod.

"She didn't lie, her father lied to her for years about where her mother is. How I know is because he gave me the same story that Leah did, but the digital evidence says otherwise," he ends and runs his hand over his face.

"Jesus Christ!" That's all I can get out.

"Yow no ask mi fi dig into it, let her tell you when she's ready. Just be kind to her and stop acting like how I used to act. Try taking the advice that you used to give me," he laughs out loud.

"Yeah, mi waan know wah gwaan yes, but I'll wait until she's ready to tell me. How old was Leah when this happened?" I question.

"From my calculations, she was around seven or eight, but I don't know how long the abuse went on for," he explains, and I sigh.

"Wah mi ago do now Boss?" I feel like I fucked up royally.

"Go find her and apologise as if your life depends on it," he smirks at me.

"Mi feel like it does, come on," I say, and he shakes his head.

"Nope, I'm eating my cheesecake first," he says and moves to get a plate.

"Yow see foil paper pon d counter deh so, bring it wid yuh and come on man, cho," I say with a grin.

"Yuh love company enuh, swear yuh cyaan live without mi," he says as he cuts a slice of the cheesecake.