Chapter 53

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Jubba's POV

Saturday 7:00 PM

"Weh yuh deh?" I ask Leah over the phone.

"With Aunty," she replies.

"Are you almost done?" I question.

"We're done, I'm just going to stay here tonight," she says, and I know she's avoiding me.

"Leah, no mek mi affi come fi yuh," I say and end the call.

Fi how mi spirit cross yah now mi probably shoulda mek she stay enuh. I go into the kitchen and take several containers from the fridge. The first container that I open is filled with wraps and I know these are for Shan so I put it back.

I open another that is filled with curried mutton. I'm sure she did roti with this for something at school. I search through the fridge until I find a foil with the roti.

I put back the remaining containers and share a plate of curried mutton and roti. I put it in the microwave and as I wait for the food to warm up, the door opens and Leah walks in.

"Hi," she says and heads upstairs.

I don't answer her because I don't know what the attitude is for. I follow behind her, I'm having this conversation whether she wants to or not.

When I enter the room, she's in the bathroom. I sit on the bed and wait for her to come out. After a few minutes, the door finally opens and I see the fright in her eyes when she sees me sitting there.

"Do you have an issue with going to meet my mother?" I'm not beating around no fucking bush.

She stands there looking at me but doesn't say anything.

"Answer me, Leah," I command.

"You should have asked me first," she whispers.

"That doesn't answer my question," I state.

"I'm not ready," she answers, and I can't help feeling frustrated.

"Why Leah?" I press for a quality answer, but she just stands there looking at me.

"Leah!" I shout and she steps back.

"Don't shout at me, Jordon!" She exclaims.

"Den answer d bloodclaat question, mi nah chat to mi self! What is the problem that you have with my mother?" I ask again.

"I don't think we're at that stage yet, I don't want to meet her yet," she answers, and I must be dense or something because how are we not at that stage?

"Yuh realise seh wi live together, I know your family well, this is not just a fling, yet you don't think we're at the stage where you can meet my mother, dat mek fucking sense to yuh Leah?" I ask angrily.

Once again she just stands there looking at me. Mi pussyclaat mi cyaan manage dis a bloodclaat.

"Bombo rassclaat Leah a yuh mi a chat to! Yuh seh mi shoulda ask yuh, fine, I'm sorry but wi no av d kinda relationship weh yuh couldn't tell mi dat! Instead of talking to me and letting me understand, you get withdrawn and start avoiding me! Yuh love chat bout d kinda relationship wah yuh want well mi no want dis!" I state matter-a-factly.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"No ask mi nothing, right now mi no waan chat to yuh!" I say and get up off the bed.

I leave her standing at the entrance of the bathroom and walk downstairs to go eat my food.

Mi nah mek Leah stress mi out, if she waan come she come, I don't give a fuck! Mi just know seh going forward a d same bloodclaat energy she ago get.