Chapter 16

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Jubba's POV

Sunday 9:00 AM

I sprint through the massive gate then slow to an easy jog. I couldn't sleep so I went running to try and clear my mind but that proved futile.

I make my way up the driveway to Unc's mansion, it's such a masterpiece to behold but Alex must have been lonely growing up here.

The land is endless and the house seems to be just as endless. I don't know how Unc handles living here alone. Yes, he has a huge staff but to be here without a wife and children must be lonely.

I love coming here, I remember the first time Alex brought me here, I was in shock. I've never seen anything like it before, never knew that houses could be this big and beautiful. I'm sure this is the reason Alex has a fear of small spaces, he never had to deal with a small space while growing up.

I slow to a walk as I get closer to the house, I need to get my mind under control because I don't want to lose it in front of Leah. I am disappointed that she didn't tell me about Christopher and I am not pleased that Alex is sparing his life.

I think that this should be my decision since Leah is mine to protect but because of the agreement, my hands are tied

I think that this should be my decision since Leah is mine to protect but because of the agreement, my hands are tied. I have to keep reminding myself that Alex is the only person I can trust blindly and that this is just another situation where I have to trust his judgment, but it's hard.

I know for a fact that if I had learnt this while in Jamaica, I would've introduced Christopher to Suzie. I hate being denied a kill that is warranted.

I blame myself also because if I had just dated Leah from day one, Christopher wouldn't have been in the fucking picture. I blame her too for not trusting me, she should've come to me rather than think that I wouldn't believe her innocence.

Fuck!

What the fuck am I doing wrong? Why is it so hard for her to see that I'm all in, that I'm here for her?

I walk into the kitchen located at the back of the house.

"Hi, Emily!" I greet the head housekeeper.

"Jordon, it's good to see you again!" She exclaims as she turns and sees me.

"Same here, I heard you went to see your mom, how is she doing?" I ask as I kiss her cheek.

Emily is white and in her fifties, she's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

"Oh she's doing good, she just came down with a cold and I needed to ensure that she was ok," she explains and I nod.

"Good to hear that she's ok, how are you?" I enquire and she smiles.

"I'm doing good, disappointed because I hear that you've brought a companion with you which means you won't be dating my Sarah," she pouts and I laugh out loud.