Chapter 84

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Jubba's POV

Thursday 11:00 AM

I honestly don't know how to feel, I'm wondering if I was betrayed, lied to or what but I can't conclude.

I pace the floor of my living room, I never thought I'd ever live to see this day, it's not a day I ever dreamed of. I've been with Alex for almost ten years, he's my family but I don't know if the connection was genuine or whether I was just a regular staff member to him.

I look at the folder and envelope that I threw on the sofa, I know what it contains but I don't want to look at it. I scream releasing the frustration that I'm feeling, Alex, sent me away.

I don't know how to feel about this, I feel like he discarded me after years of service but deep down I know that's not what he did. He's giving me a choice, I am now able to decide if I stay with him or go back to my uncle.

What do I have to gain if I go back and take over from my uncle? Is that something that I want to do? What will I lose if I decide to go back? What about Leah, will she choose me?

I miss my uncle but I'm upset that he went behind my back, I feel like he sold me. I sit on the sofa and I can no longer hold back the tears that I've been keeping away over the years.

I'm due a cry.

Shanya's POV

12:15 PM

I take my time and walk down to Jubba's house. I want to run but I know better than that and even though Alex is out of it, he will still quarrel about it.

Alex is sleeping and I'm taking my daily walk approved by Lilli.

I get to Jubba's door, but it doesn't open, normally he'd see me coming and open the door before I even got there.

"Jubba," I call and knock on the door but he doesn't respond. I try the door, it opens, and I walk inside closing it behind me.

I walk in to find him stretched out on the sofa looking at the ceiling.

"Hey," I say and sit on the sofa opposite him.

"Hey," he says in response.

"How are you?" I ask and get up to sit beside him, he sits up to give me space.

"I don't know Shan, I feel out of it," he says, and I take his hand and squeeze it.

"What are you going to do?" I question and he sighs.

"I don't know, emotionally I feel betrayed but logically I know I wasn't. Alex offered me an opportunity and even though it was unorthodox I accepted not only because I felt that I didn't have a choice but because it felt like it was the better option.

I feel like the family I was born into sold me, allowing me to be a part of a family unknowingly under false pretences. Was any of this real, do they only see me as a worker, is it that I am no longer needed, why would Alex give me this and tell me that I'm free to go? Where am I going to go Shan?

I gave him almost ten years of my life and I see him as my brother, I don't want him to tell me that I'm free to go, it hurts. I think he's upset because I want to have a relationship with my uncle. I want both but based on the agreement I can't have both. My uncle is accepting me with open arms and Alex is gladly pushing me out.

Shan mi bumboclaat confused!" He exclaims and I squeeze his hand, trying to calm him down.

"Jubba Alex is not gladly pushing you out, he's not taking this well either. I think your wires got crossed and there was a lot of noise interrupting the communication process. From what I gather from Alex, he doesn't feel that it's right to keep you with him purely by force, he's giving you a choice, one that you didn't have before.