Chapter 83

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Alex's POV

Friday 10:00 AM

I'm sitting in my office waiting on Jubba to arrive, I don't have a meeting with him or anything, but I know for a fact that he'll show up for answers, answers that he deserves.

I will wait for him here because this discussion must be confidential, and I have a full house right now. As if on cue I see him leaving his house and walking up to mine, Leah already left for school so I'm guessing he slept in or was doing admin work for his businesses.

I watch him on the monitors, and I can see how much he has changed, how he has grown from the twenty-year-old I first approached. I am proud of the person he has become, and I will support him until death.

He knocks on the door and then enters, I sit and smirk at him, as usual, he moves and sits in the corner of the room.

"Spill it Holt," he says, and I laugh out loud at him mimicking his uncle.

"Mi nah laugh wid yuh, what the hell is going on?" he questions, and I smile.

"I don't know why you think that something is going on," I decide to string him along.

"Boss stop d foolishness no, how yuh and Dadda so close?" he asks.

"Mi and yuh close, mi and Dadda no close," I respond, and he groans.

"Yuh know wah mi mean," he says, and I nod.

"I contacted Jeffrey about you before I reached out to you," I say simply.

"Boss start from the beginning," he says, and I laugh out loud at the desperation in his voice.

"Alright Jubba Don, this is what happened," I say and start telling him what took place.

Flashback 10 years ago

Friday 9:00 AM

I've been going through the list of recruits for Holt Systems all morning, I am behind because I've been dealing with signing new clients. Normally I'd research the prospects before they get hired but there isn't enough time in the fucking day, and I am trying to let my team in Jamaica work on their own without me second-guessing them.

I am so fucking bored; these recruits don't have any juicy details to keep me entertained. Dane is here, I need to finish this so we can go spend some time with Ethan.

What the fuck!

Jordon Williams is sending off warning signals on my system, how did this piece of shit get past the background check? I start looking into him and the deeper I dig the more dirt I uncover.

I take out my phone and call Dane, he answers on the first ring.

"Yow," he says.

"Come here," I say and end the call.

Two minutes later he's standing in my home office, and I can't help laughing because he's out of breath.

"Wah yuh find?" He asks and rubs his hands together; he too loves when I dig into the people's lives.

"Ok so there's this new security guard, he's twenty, he's from Spanish Town and he's the son of the former Don. None of that is on his application though, the address is Portmore where I found out that his mother does housekeeping work.

It gets even better, I caught him on video shooting up a police station and I have him killing two other people. So mi dig some more, it look like seh him is a contract killer because I checked his phone and several messages with just names of people who were killed days after he received the names are on his phone.