Chapter 54

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Leah's POV

"Jordon, yuh no plan fi come inside," I hear a female voice and turn around to see a dark-skinned, medium height and built lady standing at the door. She looks to be in her late forties or early fifties. She has a pixie cut that fits her round face, she's pretty but Jubba does not look like her.

Jubba takes my hand and we walk over to where she's standing.

"Hey Mummy," he says and hugs her, she returns his hug with a big grin on her face, it's obvious that she loves him.

He steps back and pulls me to him, "Mummy this is Leah, my girlfriend; Leah this is my mother, Sandra," he introduces us, I put out my hand for her to shake it and I don't know if it's my mind but she hesitates for a second before she takes my hand.

"Nice to meet you," I deliberately don't say her name because I don't know if I should just call her Sandra.

"Same here Leah," she says but her smile doesn't reach her eyes.

"Jordon something is wrong with the sink in the master bathroom, come let me show you," she says and leads the way inside the house. I take a seat on the sofa and watch as they disappear upstairs.

I feel out of place but I guess that's just nerves because the place is quite welcoming. She has a plush cream sectional matching the gold and cream theme of the living room.

"Baby, you can watch tv or help Mummy in the kitchen, I'm going to fix her sink then give you a tour of the place," he stands in front of me without a shirt and I lick my lips making him roar with laughter.

"Mi soon come Lee," he says and I nod.

I turn on the tv and find the cooking channel, I can hear his mother in the kitchen but she hasn't come back to say anything to me.

I build up the courage and walk into the kitchen where she's cutting up fruits to make juice it seems.

"Is there anything, I can help you with?" I ask but she doesn't hold up her head to answer, she takes a few seconds before she says, "no, I'm good, thanks."

"What are you planning to cook?" I push through the tension.

"Jordon says you can cook, you don't look like it," she comments, still not looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Exactly what I said, you don't look like someone who can cook," she explains and her tone catches me off guard, her comment is rude.

"I've been cooking since I was small, it's what I'm studying now and Aunty has been teaching me all her secrets," I try to keep calm.

"Which Aunty dat?" She asks.

"Aunty G," I respond because I know that they know each other.

"Yuh and Georgia related?" She sounds shocked.

"Not by blood, Shanya is my best friend, we grew up together," I answer.

"Mhmmm, Jordon never tell mi dat," she states and walks over to the fridge still refusing to look at me.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" I ask once more and that's when she turns and meets my gaze with fire in her eyes.

"I do not need any help, people with your complexion aren't the cleanest and I would rather if you weren't in my kitchen, no disrespect," she says and my heart drops.

"People with my complexion?" I'm in shock.

"Yes, brown girls tend to be nasty and have no place in the kitchen, especially mine. I don't know how my son could have strayed so far to start dating someone like you. You might be a good person but from my experience, it's best to stay away from people like you," before I can process the insult, I hear Jubba behind me.