Introduction

Tokaku Azuma

Tokaku Azuma

Birthday: 24th February
Age: 17
Height:170
Dominant hand: Right and left
Homeland: Nagano, Matsumoto
Family: None
Other Names: Tokaku, Azuma, Rabbit

Grade: Freshman
Class: 1B
Club: Mountain Lovers
Best Subject: Pharmacy

Hobbies: Night practice
Pet peeves: Anyone who harmed the Octavinelle trio, Jack and Epel
Favorite food: Curry rice
Least favorite food: Prune
Talent: Assassination art

"Cold, heartless,and distant fresh graduated assassin from Academy 17 in her home world. On the day she excelled her last training, Tokaku was accidentally sent to Night Raven College and encountered with the Octavinelle trio. Slowly, her demeanor slightly changed as her icy heart became to thaw"

Appearance
Tokaku is a Japanese young woman of an over average height with a slender build, pale white skin, short azure hair, and blue eyes. Before, she had no accessories. On her first birthday celebration at Octavinelle, Tokaku was given a pair of azure-pierced earrings by Jade, indicating his care for her while hiding the fact he had a crush on her. Tokaku is noticeably,but taller than any girls of her age.

Octavinelle
Tokaku's uniform is similar to the rest of the Octavinelle students, but with a touch of Loli. Tokaku has purple coloring above her eyes while in her dorm uniform. The uniform’s top consists of a black, double-breasted suit, a lavender-gray scarf, a button-up undershirt, and a bow tie. The uniform also comes with black, high-waisted dress shorts, white gloves, and a black fedora.

Her undershirt is light-purple, while  her bow tie is white and neatly tied. The double-breasted suit has a purple underlining, and Tokaku keeps it completely buttoned. Tokaku also wears a white pocket square in the left upper pocket of her suit. Her lavender-gray scarf drapes over both her shoulders and under the suit’s lapels. The scarf has fringed ends, with the symbol of Octavinelle printed on one end.

Tokaku wears black and white wingtip high-kneed boots with wedges and black laces.  Her white gloves are buttoned at the wrist. The black fedora has a lavender-gray band wrapped around it and tied with a neat bow, over which is a purple pin in the shape of a spiral seashell.

Personality
At first glance she looks more like an assassin who would kill anyone for anything.She is a distant and cold girl, who dislikes when people comes too close to her and she especially hates it when people call her by her first name. However, she eventually grows to care for the Octavinelle trio, Jack, and Epel over time.Tokaku is a competent and strong person but lacks certain social skills to interact with others, coming off extremely cold and unapproachable. She often plays into this as well, being very brusque in her manner of speech. However, she hides a vulnerable side to her.

Skills and Abilities
She is skilled with using knives, whether it's throwing or fighting with them. She also has exceptionally quick reflexes, agility and speed. In addition, she uses a more direct means of assassins, although she hasn't actually killed anyone yet. Her physically and special capabilities are above average, and has demonstrated an ability where she can know how an assassin smells.

Background
Her clan is a well known family of assassins, the Azuma. They say that the east's Azuma and the west's Kuzunoha are two assassination clans that existed in the country of her home world since ancient times.

Tokaku's mother died shortly after giving birth to her, leaving her under the care of her grandmother. From an early age, she was trained in the assassination arts of the Azuma. Her mother was supposedly a reputed practitioner within the Azuma, whereas her aunt, Mako, was a disgrace who could not become an assassin. When Tokaku was born, her mother pled for her aunt to ensure that Tokaku did not grow up as she did.

Therefore, Mako tried to persuade a young Tokaku to leave her grandmother's house and come live in the city with her. Tokaku's grandmother intervened and called Mako "the disgrace of the Azuma clan". Mako then took Tokaku away from the Azuma household. While they are escaping, Mako takes Tokaku to the family shrine where she tells her that her mother will always be watching over her, preventing her from killing. Unfortunately, they were caught by her grandmother before they could escape. Mako is killed before Tokaku's eyes.

At some point, Tokaku's grandmother dies and she is enrolled in Academy 17.
Trivia

Her given name Tokaku (兎角) means "rabbit's horn" while her last name Azuma (東) means "east".
Her given name can be a reference to "tonikaku", a adverb that means "anyway" or "in any case"..

She is the only known heir and the only known still living member of the Azuma Clan.

It was stated that Tokaku has no living relatives anymore, which suggests that her grandmother and aunt died at some point while taking care of her.
She has never seen her father's face as assumed that he died by unknown cause.

Her mother died shortly after she was born, Tokaku was raised by her grandmother and aunt instead.
Her given name Tokaku means Something that's impossible (This term may refer to the subject in a positive meaning but also can be intended with a negative meaning like Something that shouldn't even exist how she does interpret her given name by herself at the begin of the story), it was given to her by her grandmother right in the moment as she was born