Schemer of the Scalding Sands:Thwarted by Heart

Enma and Grim, along with the Octavinelle trio and Tokaku Azuma, left the Scarabia lounge and gathered in a vacant room.

"Great work, Jade, Tokaku. Did you have your conversation with Kalim?" congratulated Azul as he asked Jade and Tokaku.

"Yes, sir. It went just as you expected. It seems highly likely that Kalim is undergoing some form of magical mind control, which is compelling him to do these things," answered Jade, addressing the grey-haired man.

"Mind control?!" exclaimed Grim in surprise.

"This does strike a chord with me," added Enma.

"But is mind control even possible?" questioned Grim.

"You know how Ruggie can manipulate the body with his magic? Well, there's also hypnosis magic that can take control of a person's mind. However, it requires a much higher level of skill and magical power compared to manipulating the body. That means only a few magicians are capable of using it," explained the well-groomed teal-haired man to the feline.

"Such abilities are only possessed by magicians with skills and power on par with Azul," added Floyd.

"Even I would struggle to control living creatures with their own egos, such as humans," remarked Azul.

"But I highly doubt anyone in Scarabia possesses half the skill and power that you possess, Azul. Even their housewarden, Kalim, only seems to have a basic water spell. And their vice housewarden Jamil claims to have received top marks on the grading scale," said Grim.

"Do not be so sure. Remember, a clever hawk hides its talons," replied Azul to the feline.

"So who is controlling Sea Otter's mind, and why?" questioned Floyd.

"Unfortunately, I couldn't find any answers to that," Jade interjected.

"You couldn't figure it out, even with your signature spell?" asked Floyd, addressing his twin.

"The target was not willing to reveal the culprit's identity, which made it difficult," Tokaku explained to the messy teal-haired man.

Suddenly, Grim interrupted their conversation. "Wait a minute. I just realized that we've never seen Jade's signature spell. What does it do?"

"Floyd, how many times have I told you not to reveal the details of my signature spell in front of others?" scolded Jade his twin.

"Oh, come on, Jade. You know your brother very well. There's no harm in sharing it with Yuu and Grim. Knowing the function of a signature spell wouldn't make someone who is unable to use magic any more vulnerable," supported Tokaku.

"I actually agree with Tokaku. It doesn't pose any harm to disclose this information to Yuu and Grim," added Azul.

"Great, that makes me feel so much better. As if we weren't already harmless enough," sneered Grim at the grey-haired male.

"That seems to be the case for both of you and me," Tokaku remarked to the feline.

"What?! Say that again?" yelled Grim.

"Calm down, Grim," tried to convince the feline.

Meanwhile, Jade sighed. "Well, if I must. My unique power is one that would make most people wary of me if they knew what it did. So, I prefer not to reveal it. However, my signature spell is called 'Shock the Heart.' It can be used once, and only once, on a target to compel them to tell the truth."

"What?! So they would be incapable of lying?" exclaimed Grim in surprise.

"Keep in mind, it can only be used once on a specific target. Once I use it on someone, I can never use it on them again. Additionally, it often doesn't work on individuals who are highly resistant to magic, or those who are cautious like Azul. It is only effective on those with easily influenced minds or individuals in moments of mental vulnerability. Therefore, my signature spell has very limited use," explained the well-groomed teal-haired man.