Schemer of the Scalding Sands

( A Show of Benevolence)

Azul and his team arrived at the Scarabia lounge, where they were welcomed by Kalim. Kalim, a white-haired male, asked Azul why they were visiting their dorm. Azul greeted Kalim and expressed his awe at the impressive atmosphere of Scarabia. Despite the winter wonderland outside, the lounge was filled with warmth, resembling a midsummer day. Azul mentioned that if Kalim were to open a resort here, vacationers would flock to it due to the ideal location.

Kalim, grateful for the kind words, admitted that he didn't have much knowledge in business matters. He then noticed Jade, Tokaku, and the other members of Azul's team. Tokaku, who was known as the "Scary Girl" from the entrance ceremony, felt uncomfortable and hid behind Jade, wishing she had brought a mask to cover her face. Jade giggled at her shy behavior.

Floyd, a teal-haired male, commented that being called the "Scary Girl" was not as bad as being called the "Mad Girl." Tokaku responded to Floyd, playfully threatening him with a knife throw. Azul intervened, scolding Kalim for giving such a horrible nickname to Tokaku.

Realizing his mistake, Kalim apologized to Tokaku for his comment. Tokaku advised him not to label people with names he created himself. Azul then redirected the conversation, mentioning that his freshman had a gift for Kalim.

Curious, Kalim asked Azul about the type of gift it was. Azul replied that Kalim would soon find out. Azul turned to Tokaku and asked if she could present the gift to Kalim. Tokaku nodded and approached Kalim, but her path was blocked by Jamil.

Jamil, a member of the Asim family servant, explained that it was their duty to ensure Kalim's safety when receiving gifts from strangers. Tokaku reassured Jamil that the gift was not dangerous. Kalim also advised Jamil to relax, as it was just a gift from Azul's freshman.

With the tensions diffused, Tokaku handed the tiny bottle to Jamil for inspection. After sniffing the fragrant scent of jasmine tea, Jamil asked if it was perfume. Tokaku confirmed that it was indeed jasmine tea-scented perfume that she had made at home.

Jamil observed that the bottle didn't have a brand logo, indicating that it was homemade. Azul then praised Tokaku for her talent in crafting high-quality homemade perfumes. Jamil reacted in surprise, realizing that Tokaku was the one who made the perfume.

Kalim, Floyd, and Jade expressed their admiration for Tokaku's skill and the popularity of her homemade perfumes among the dorm residents. They described her perfumes as refreshing and were impressed by her talents.

While everyone celebrated Tokaku's skill, Jamil remained silent. He recognized that she was more than just an ordinary girl without magic and suspected her to possess hidden strength. He decided to keep a close eye on her, as well as on Azul and the Leech brothers.

"At any rate, I'm here today because I caught your magic carpet. I'd like to return it to you," the grey-haired male said to Kalim in a calm and friendly tone.

"Really? It ran off again?" the white-haired male reacted in surprise. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that."

"Oh, it's no bother at all. By the way, is Scarabia having holidays in the dorm this year?" Azul replied, then asked the male with genuine curiosity.

"Yes, that's right. Is Octavinelle doing the same?" Kalim answered and questioned the grey-haired male, showing a genuine interest in their dorm's activities.

"Why, yes! Fancy that!" Azul said with excitement. "In fact, what say we take this opportunity to improve relations between our dorms?" He then suggested to the white-haired male, showing a progressive and open-minded attitude.

"Wha...?!" Jamil, on the other hand, became surprised by the suggestion. Tokaku, from a distance, noticed the male's reaction and wondered about it.

"It seems there are many things to be learned from Scarabia's unique studying style that was apparently adopted this winter," Azul mentioned, keen on exploring new ideas.