Think Creatively

The sun rose at daybreak. Just like yesterday, Tokaku and her friend, Epel, headed to their classroom and met with Jack. Today's lesson is a Science lesson, so the three friends quickly went to the science lab and changed into their lab coats before Crewel entered. All 1B students did the same, as they dislike making Crewel angry and facing punishment from him.

When Crewel stepped into the Science lab, the students greeted him. "Good morning, students. Today, I'm going to hold a pop quiz to see if you are capable of conducting a chemical experiment. The quiz will be based on Chapter 3. Your apparatus and substances are all prepared on your table. So, grab your apparatus and get started!"

The students panicked as they were surprised by Crewel's chemistry pop quiz, knowing they have to run the experiment by themselves. Everyone was nervous except for Tokaku, who remained calm and composed.

"Oh no, I don't know which experiment to do in Chapter 3. This is going to be tough," Jack said quietly.

"If I fail this quiz, Vil's going to be mad at me," Epel murmured.

The students began running their experiments individually, based on Chapter 3. Most of them didn't get the experiment right and ended up with a failed chemistry solution. They hesitated while mixing chemicals in their volumetric flasks.

Meanwhile, Tokaku worked quickly, carefully pouring chemical solutions into the volumetric flask placed over the lit Bunsen burner. The colorful chemical solutions mixed due to the heat, reacting together and the solution boiled, changing to a blue color. Instantly, blue smoke rose from the flask, forming a blue fiery butterfly that flew around the lab.

All the students in the lab were amazed to see the blue fiery butterfly flying above them.

"Well done, Tokaku. You have passed this test. I'm giving you an A+ for your excellent result," Crewel smirked and praised the blue-haired girl. The students felt jealous of her for being the only one to succeed, while Jack and Epel were amazed by her accomplishment.

After the Science lesson, outside the lab, Epel and Jack complimented their friend.

"Don't brush off my compliments this time, Tokaku. You were amazing for creating that magical Butterflix. You're way ahead of us," Jack praised.

"I agree with Jack. Until the end of the lesson in the lab, no one else but you completed the experiment successfully," Epel added.

"Thank you, guys," Tokaku finally accepted their compliments after some convincing.

"Yes! Finally, you accepted our compliments," Epel cheered.

"That's because you wouldn't stop praising me for three minutes straight," Tokaku complained.

"It's the only way to get you to accept our compliments and appreciate your talent," Jack said.

"How can I be friends with you two?" Tokaku sighed.

"Challenge us. Maybe it was fate, so just accept it," Epel shrugged.

"Fate?" Tokaku whispered, pondering the meaning.

Epel then asked her, "Tokaku, can you teach us how to conduct every experiment?"

"It's simple. Memorize the periodic table, understand the reactivity of chemical elements, differentiate their reactivity, and you'll be able to create various chemical solutions without doubting their success," Tokaku explained.

"Easy to say, difficult to do. I struggle to memorize the periodic table and differentiate chemical elements' reactivity," Epel complained.

Tokaku looked at him and asked, "Want to study together?" in her monotone voice.