The Lovely Reunion

Up on the top deck, Tokaku emerged from the cruise lift and immediately scanned the open view for any sign of Jade. Her eyes, a striking shade of blue, darted left and right until they landed on a tall man with teal hair - it was Jade. Overcome with surprise and joy, Tokaku ran towards him, calling out his name and checking on his well-being.

Jade reassured Tokaku that he was fine and explained to her that his merfolk abilities meant he could heal rapidly. Tokaku listened attentively, relieved to hear that he was okay despite being injured.

"You should have stayed in the ward bed instead of pushing yourself to find me," she chided.

Jade responded with a soft smile. "I didn't want to delay fulfilling my promise to you. That's why I pushed myself," he said, his voice full of affection.

Noticing that Tokaku's bruise had disappeared from her cheek, Jade asked how it had healed so quickly. Tokaku lowered her eyelids, revealing that the bruise was still there. She wiped at her cheek, revealing the natural white powder she had used to cover it. Jade's eyes widened in surprise, and he reached out to touch the bruise, a look of concern in his eyes. He apologized about the bruise and remarked that the bruise on his girlfriend's cheek was due to his failure of protecting her, blaming himself with his head lowered regretfully. Hearing his grief, Tokaku rested a hand on his, making him raised his head and focusing on her azure eyes. She comforted him by reassuring him that the bruise on her cheek had nothing to do with his failure to protect her, telling him that she had it because she was trying to settle matter with Kaiba on a fight, so her mentor would stop hurting her friends anymore. Just like Jade, she too failed to protect his friends and him, even worse that they suffered a near death incidents. However, she won't allow her failure drag her down to misery. Instead, Tokaku was grateful that she was abled to save her friends and Jade: those were what mattered to her. Jade was moved when listening to his girlfriend's heartfelt words. Deep down, he knew that Tokaku's love for him and her friends were deeper than her love for herself. With that, Jade leaned in, pressing his lips against her soft one,his thumb gently traced her bruised cheek. Tokaku anticipated his kiss, surrendering to the tenderness of it. However, their kiss didn't last long when a voice interrupted their romance moment.

"Ew! Can't you two kiss Not in front of me?" Floyd complained with his arms over his chest, attracting the couple's attention to him.

" No wonder I could smell your scent, Floyd," Tokaku said, her suspicion was answered as she caught Floyd's scent once she was with Jade.

Jade chuckled in amusement when his twin brother confessing his jealousy to him and his girlfriend. He then pecked Tokaku's bruised cheek to piss him more, to which he was. Floyd glared at his twin, pouting and sulking.

" You just wait until I found my soulmate," He gave his twin a warning.

"If that were to be happened, I will be there to support and congratulate you." Jade responded, smiling teasingly.

" You better be! " Floyd exclaimed.

Jade's laughter rang out, a rich, warm sound that seemed to fill the open deck. He waved off his twin's warning with a casual flick of his wrist, his heterochromia eyes sparkling with mischief. Beside him, Tokaku couldn't help but curve her lips into a delicate smile, her gaze filled with adoration as she watched her beloved's carefree display.

Suddenly, the tranquil moment was shattered by a loud, insistent ringtone that pierced the air. Tokaku and Jade both startled, their heads whipping around to locate the source of the disturbance. It was Floyd, his brow furrowed as he quickly retrieved his phone from the pocket of his impeccably tailored suit.

Answering the call, Floyd's expression shifted to one of surprise, then understanding. "Mother," he said, his voice clear and steady. "Yes, of course. Jade and I will be there with Tokaku immediately." Closing the call, he turned to his twin, a small smile playing on his lips.