Bump At Midnight

It was midnight soon. Her average was that she sleeps for 4 hours per night. Tokaku woke up without even an alarm clock ringing to shock her eyes open. That is how assassins used to wake up. They did not need an alarm clock but their instincts to wake them from their sleep. Tokaku climbed down from her bed, took her sports boots, and wore them. She left her room and walked up quietly but relaxedly in the hallway.

She managed to exit the Pomefiore House and walk to the Mirror Hall. Furthermore, she headed to the field where she started warming up before beginning her training.

She ran laps on the track, did pushups, and simulated combat exercises. All of which were to be done in 2 hours. After a final warm-up, Tokaku decided to return to Pomefiore.

While on the way, suddenly, the blue-haired girl sniffed an aroma out of the blue. "An aroma? It smells like soup is boiling. It probably came from the campus kitchen, but who is cooking in the middle of the night?" the girl thought.

She was curious about the soup aroma, so she went inside the campus. When she peeked at the entrance of the cafeteria, Tokaku saw two figures there who seemed to be talking with each other. Tokaku peered from the cafeteria entrance, but she still couldn't recognize the figures, so she approached them, only to see Jade and Ruggie.

"Okay, see you when I see you," Ruggie said to Jade. When he turned around, he flinched and was shocked to meet Tokaku who appeared behind him. "Ahhh! You scared me," he screamed.

"I am not a ghost," Tokaku said calmly, not surprised by Ruggie's scream.

"Tokaku?" Jade said, surprised to see her suddenly appear in the cafeteria.

"Jade," Tokaku replied, looking at her vice house warden.

"Geez, it is you. The girl who used to be disguised as the masked dude from Octavinelle. What are you doing here at this hour?" Ruggie recognized Tokaku and then questioned her.

"First of all, I have a name. It is Tokaku, for your information. And I am here to know what the soup aroma that I sniffed is, and what are you doing here?" Tokaku said.

"We were just chit-chatting," Jade said.

Tokaku suddenly sniffed another scent other than the soup aroma. "Did you guys cook the soup with wild herbs and vegetables?"

"Yes, that is true. You do have a keen nose. I never knew that before," Ruggie replied.

"I am an assassin, but please don't mind," Tokaku said.

"Noted. Now, my question is what are you doing here at this late midnight?" Ruggie asked the girl.

"That's my business, and because I am a night owl," Tokaku replied.

"Were you just finished practicing your night run and assassin training?" Jade questioned her.

"Yes," Tokaku answered. "Hold on a second. How do you know?" She was so stumped that she asked her vice house warden.

"I noticed that you usually wake up every midnight since I sometimes wake up to go get a glass of water. One night, I found you were wearing your casual sportswear in the hallway as if you were going for a run. Now, it has fed my question since you do appear in casual sportswear right now," Jade explained.

"Okay, I'm busted. You're yet to tell Azul about this?" Tokaku surrendered and asked the sophomore.

"Still yet. However, perhaps I would like to disclose this to him," Jade smirked.

"I don't care. He can put a punishment on me, but not now," Tokaku said.

Ruggie listened to the conversation between the male and the girl. He then interrupted them. "Wow, you two are flowing so well when you are chatting with each other."