Unique or Curse

Eurus set off on her journey to reach the Lavender Rosemary, but she was unexpectedly interrupted by the sound of someone snoring nearby. Curiosity getting the better of her, she sniffed around to locate the source of the sound. Following the scent, Eurus found herself in a thicket of bushes. In the midst of it all, she discovered a tanned man with lion ears and a lion tail, peacefully sleeping on the grass. His left eye bore a scar, and his hair, a luscious dark brown, cascaded down to his mid-torso. His deep-set eyes were partially covered by long, side-parted bangs. Adding to his unique appearance, two sections of hair on either side of his face were intricately braided and tied with yellow bands.

Clad in a yellow vest over a white shirt and black pants, Eurus observed the man as he slept soundly. Intrigued yet careful not to disturb him, she pondered, "A man with lion ears? Similar to Jack, who has wolf ears. Perhaps they are part of the same species. Since he's sleeping, I shouldn't bother him." Leaving the man with lion ears behind, she continued on her quest to collect the Lavender Rosemary.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

The ringing of the bell signaled lunchtime. Eurus meticulously organized her stationery and books, ensuring they were safely stowed away in her bag. With everything in order, she exited her classroom, only to be greeted by Jade and Floyd, who had come to invite her. "Blue shark!" Floyd exclaimed, his face alight with happiness upon seeing Eurus. Jade, with his characteristic gentlemanly demeanor, greeted her with a polite "Good afternoon." Behind her mask, Eurus reciprocated with a subdued "Good afternoon."

Jade then delivered the news that Azul had arranged a private lunch spot for her outside the school. "Starting today, we'll be here to accompany you every day, considering you're our closest freshman," Floyd cheerfully added. Eurus listened attentively and walked alongside them as they made their way. Upon arriving at the board games club, Eurus found Azul patiently waiting, the room empty of any other members. "Good afternoon, Eurus. You kept me waiting," Azul greeted her warmly. Eurus apologized, maintaining her smiley mask as she spoke. "Please take off your mask, Eurus. Rest assured, there's no one here but me, Jade, and Floyd to see your true face," Azul reassured her.
Eurus listened attentively and removed her mask, asking if it was an improvement in her normal voice. Azul, with a smirk, responded, "Of course, now I have prepared lunch for you to enjoy as your first request from me." Jade and Floyd burst into laughter. Eurus understood the message behind Azul's words and inquired about the person he wanted her to apprehend. Azul explained that it was one of the Heartslabyul students who owed him a debt. Despite promising to repay it, this individual had avoided meeting Azul for months.

Jade chimed in, describing the target as someone with fair skin and messy dark brown hair, a third-year student in B class. Floyd, addressing Eurus as the "blue shark," jokingly requested that she lend the person to him so he could strangle them, offering a treat in return. Eurus responded with a cold expression, stating that she didn't want any treats but simply wanted to fulfill her duty. Floyd was taken aback by her response but then smiled warmly, remarking, "You truly are unique, blue shark."

Azul intervened in their conversation, advising Eurus to eat and gain energy for her task. Eurus nodded in agreement.

During the second break time, many students were chatting and socializing in their classrooms. Some students took the opportunity to explore different areas of the school. As Tokaku, disguised as Eurus, walked along a bustling hallway, she couldn't help but notice the various scents that emanated from the students she passed by. Each scent revealed a glimpse into their current emotional state. Some students who caught sight of Eurus watched her curiously, as it was the first time they had seen someone wearing a fully covered face mask. Despite being subjected to their stares and potential mockery, Eurus remained unfazed and didn't let it affect her.