Erasing the Past

"Ngh..." Azul finally awoke, his mind still reeling from the dream where he confronted Tokaku, and she witnessed every dark moment of his past. As for Tokaku, she remained unconscious, still recovering from the ordeal.

"Oh, hey, you're awake," Floyd greeted him.

Jade crouched down and held up his fingers. "Azul, how many fingers am I holding up?" he asked with concern.

"Er... Eight?" Azul replied, struggling to focus as he peered at Jade's fingers. "You're still in shock, it seems. But thankfully, your uncontrollable outburst has finally subsided," Jade said with a sense of relief.

"That little tantrum you threw really put us through the wringer, you know," Leona grumbled at Azul.

"Uh, Leona, I'm not sure you get to say that," Ruggie mumbled, pointing out Leona's own previous misadventures.

"What did I...do?" Azul asked, his confusion evident.

"You overused your magic and overblotted. Don't you remember?" Jade explained and questioned him.

"You were sucking everyone's magic dry, crying out for more power. It was the cringiest thing I've ever seen. I'm still not over it," Floyd added, unable to fully shake off the memory.

"Oh, no. Me, going berserk? I can't believe it," Azul exclaimed, surprised by his own actions.

"Fortunately, Eurus saved you right before we were about to lose hope. She almost sacrificed herself just to bring you back to normal," Jade informed him.

"But don't forget to forgive her. After all, she went to great lengths to get her revenge on you for throwing her into the ocean. She was so determined that she endangered her own life," Ruggie chimed in, his tone filled with both annoyance and admiration.

"Eurus...saved me?" Azul trailed off, his gaze fixed on the girl in Enma's arms. Enma sensed his thoughts and spoke up. "She knew she was weak with the blot gunk, but she didn't care about herself. Instead, she did whatever it took to pull you out of your berserk state. You must apologize to her and express your gratitude for saving you from the darkness."

Listening intently, Azul lowered his head and nodded. "I will do that as soon as she regains consciousness. I still can't believe I overblotted. How unsightly of me."

"Hey, I can't exactly blame a guy for losing control when something he's been building up for years gets ruined. I mean, if someone broke the coin bank I've been saving my money in, I'd hold a grudge for life," Ruggie empathized with Azul.

"But all those shady business dealings have to stop. You need to learn from this," Grim interjected with a stern tone.

"And how about you guys learn not to coast through exams using someone else's notes?!" Jack scolded the feline members of the group.

Enma, who was carrying Tokaku in his arms, hummed softly before speaking up. "No one else could have written those notes. I'm still amazed that Grim managed to get an 85, actually."

"What?" Azul exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yeah, it's true. Just one all-nighter, studying from that guide you wrote, was enough for me to score over a 90 on my exams," Ace confirmed, impressed by Azul's work.

"Yeah, it was amazingly helpful," Deuce added.

"I heard from the head mage that you wrote that guide yourself, analyzing a century's worth of test question trends. I may not agree with your questionable practices, but I must admit it took real guts to do that. I commend you for that," Jack acknowledged Azul's efforts.

"Hmph. Your clumsy attempts at consolation aren't helping me at all," Azul sighed, feeling a mix of annoyance and gratitude towards the silver-haired wolf.