Cannot Deny

The school bell rang in the afternoon. All students exited their classroom after the bell. "Let's head back to Pomefiore, Tokaku," Epel said as he put his notes, textbooks, and assignment papers into his backpack. Tokaku nodded and inserted her last book from her desk into her sling school bag. The girl and the male waved goodbye to Jack outside their classroom before leaving him and returning to Pomefiore.

While walking on the main street, Epel asked Tokaku if she could help with his Math homework. The girl agreed.

In Pomefiore's house, after a bath and wearing their dorm uniforms, Epel went to Tokaku's room and knocked on her door.

"Come in," Tokaku allowed behind her door.

Epel entered the girl's room with an exercise book and pencil case in his arms. Tokaku wore her white short-sleeved shirt and navy blue shorts and was preparing her Pomefiore study desk for the male to be tutored by her with two chairs for them to sit on. Epel was welcomed to sit with the girl while she took her Math exercise book out from her sling school bag and placed it with her scientific calculator on the study desk. Epel sat on the chair beside the other and also placed his exercise book and pencil case on the desk. Tokaku sat on the other chair after him.

"So shall we begin?" She asked her buddy.

Epel nodded as he was ready to be tutored by the smartest student in Class 1B. He showed the Math question that he found difficult to solve. Since Tokaku had already solved the said question before during her evening study, she began to teach the steps to solve it.

Meanwhile, Vil changed into his house warden uniform after he returned to Pomefiore when his last class finished on that day. He went to find Tokaku in her room as he needed to check on her. When he knocked on her door, Tokaku allowed after questioning who was at her door and Vil replied with his name. Vil opened the door and was shocked to see Epel sitting closely beside her while they were discussing Math.

"What is Epel doing here?" He asked in a firm tone.

"He asked me to tutor him on his Math homework," Tokaku replied, and Epel looked at Vil.

"You tutor him? With him sitting so close beside you?" Vil repeated.

The girl nodded. "Why? Is it wrong for me to tutor my buddy in a subject that he is weak in?"

"No, but make space between you two," Vil answered. "Come on, make space!" he commanded.

Tokaku and Epel distanced themselves from each other, sitting on their chairs then.

"That's right. This is tutoring, not a tango class," Vil babbled before he glared at the blue-eyed girl. "You, should I remind you to keep distance from males like I have done multiple times? Although you have boys as your friends, it does not mean you need to be too close to others."

"Yes, sir," Tokaku said.

Vil sighed. "I am here to check if you're doing fine and behaving properly. However, you appeared to be ignoring my warning from yesterday's dinner, but I'll let this one pass. If I see you getting too close with Epel or any males again, I might have no choice but to ground you here for another month, and even worse, I will be keeping an eye on you." He gave a warning to the blue-eyed girl.

She heard, but was not listening to what he said as she disliked listening to noisy babbling. Before he left, Vil opened the door wide.

"One more warning. Your door must open when there is a male in your room." He warned before he walked away, leaving the wide-open door, the girl, and his freshman.

Once he was gone, Epel started to speak with Tokaku since he was silent during Vil's appearance and warning to his girl. "Is it me or Vil is being overprotective about you?"