Dealing with Weirdness

Ding! Dong! The school bell rang, signaling the end of the semester. Students scattered - some returning to their dorms, while others remained on campus for club activities and class projects. Our intrepid assassin girl, however, had a different plan in mind. She ventured to the botanical garden in search of fragrant flowers for her upcoming perfume creation.

Entering the garden, the girl with vibrant blue hair was greeted by a spectacular display of colorful flowers, lush green plants, and aromatic herbs. She carefully inhaled the scent of each bloom, savoring the unique fragrances. Suddenly, a particularly rare and enchanting fragrance caught her attention. Intrigued, she followed the scent's trail, eventually stumbling upon a flowering tree known as the Mock Lemon plant. Its yellow blooms exuded a delightful, sweet, and lemony aroma, luring her closer. Some of the fallen flowers rested on the ground.

Equipped with pocket bags, she swiftly gathered the Mock Lemon flowers, carefully storing them away. As she continued her exploration, another captivating scent beckoned her. Following her instincts, she found herself surrounded by a cluster of Jasmine flowers. Their white petals emitted a rich, sweet, fruity, and alluring scent. She couldn't resist adding these beautiful blooms to her collection, carefully placing them in another pocket bag.

Determined to create the perfect combination, the girl's journey led her to the intoxicating aroma of various spices and herbs. She discovered herself in a garden teeming with an array of these fragrant plants. Striving to identify the source of the captivating scent, her search led her to a bunch of Agapanthus. Just as she was about to approach, she sensed a hindrance in her path. It was Leona Kingscholar, peacefully napping beneath the rustling palm leaves. Intrigued by the sleeping figure, the girl gazed down at the handsome young man and crouched on the ground, pondering how to proceed.

"I suppose I'll have to rouse him to continue on my way. But how shall I go about it?" she mused to herself.

Considering her options, her eyes fell upon Leona's twitching lion ears, swayed by the gentle breeze. Intrigued by their soft and fluffy appearance, she couldn't resist the temptation to touch them, driven by her insatiable curiosity. As her gentle fingers grazed his ears, Leona's eyes snapped open, and he swiftly grasped the girl's hand, his expression marked with disapproval.

"Seems like a herbivore decided to entertain themselves by meddling with a lion's ears. I assumed correctly," he remarked, a sly smirk dancing across his face. "Do you expect a reward for interrupting my peaceful slumber?"

Unfazed by his response, the girl retorted, "No, thank you. In case you require a nap again, I happen to have a few sleep-inducing darts on hand. I can make you fall asleep in mere seconds, if you so desire." She stared intently at him, her gaze unwavering.

Upon hearing her rather unconventional threat, the dark-haired young man released her hand, a hint of annoyance flickering in his eyes. "Nah, I have no need for assistance when it comes to falling asleep. I can accomplish that feat in a matter of seconds. Nonetheless, why have you found yourself in the botanical garden?" he queried.

"I need to acquire some Agapanthus for Professor Crewel's assignment," she replied, pointing towards the bunch of flowers adjacent to where Leona lay. After briefly surveying the wildflowers, Leona sighed and rose from the ground, allowing the girl to pass. "What are you waiting for? A red carpet?"

Ignoring his comment, Tokaku averted her gaze from the male and proceeded towards the Agapanthus plants. As she reached for the wildflowers, a vicious snapdragon lunged at her from behind. Leona, observant of the imminent danger, rushed to her aid. "Watch out!" he exclaimed, his outstretched hand reaching for the girl.

In the blink of an eye, Tokaku evaded the snapdragon's attack, skillfully dodging its bite. She swiftly grabbed hold of Leona's hand, her eyebrow raised in challenge as she questioned him, "Were you saying something?"