A Cruise Day

As the soft, melodious music came to a gradual halt, the elegant couples who had been gracefully dancing on the dance floor came to a stop. They then departed, making way for the next group of dancers to take the stage.

Jade, his hand tenderly intertwined with Tokaku's, escorted her to where his family was gathered. The couple's movements were poised and synchronized, as if they were still moving in time with the rhythm of the music.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the cruise ship, Floyd had indulged in a generous serving of the delectable sweets provided for the passengers. His satisfied expression indicated his enjoyment of the confectionary treats.

In a more secluded area of the vessel, Nervine and Oceana raised their glasses in a toast, their eyes shining with joy and affection. They were celebrating not only their own enduring love, but also the blossoming romance between their son and his beloved.

As Jade and Tokaku approached, Nervine and Oceana eagerly engaged them in conversation. The parents were eager to learn more about their son's partner, and they exchanged stories about their family's history. Jade was then asked to keep his twin brother company, allowing the elders to have their moment.

Oceana could not resist sharing anecdotes about Jade's childhood, regaling Tokaku with tales of her son's mischievous nature and the trouble he often found himself in. Tokaku listened intently, a fond smile playing on her lips as she recognized the familiar traits she had come to cherish in her boyfriend.

Nervine, with a warm chuckle, warned the short-azure-haired beauty that Jade's playful tendencies were a lifelong characteristic, one that she would need to navigate with patience and understanding. Tokaku nodded, her gaze filled with affection, as she reassured her future father-in-law that she was well aware of Jade's naughty behavior, having observed it since the very first time they had met.

However, Tokaku harbored some unease regarding Jade's propensity for finding amusement in the suffering of innocent individuals. She found this tendency to be rather unsettling, as she herself only derived satisfaction from witnessing the torment of the guilty.

Nervine burst into laughter upon hearing from his prospective daughter-in-law that she shared a similar interest, though her targets were the antithesis of Jade's. He was then convinced that the short azure-haired beauty was a suitable match for his son, given their almost identical tastes in frightening people.

Tokaku concurred with Nervine's insights, admitting that she had developed a fondness for watching the guilty suffer, as Jade often employed his signature spell to extract information from them and then scare them off. This shared predilection further solidified her compatibility with Jade in Nervine's mind.

Tokaku acknowledged that while she and Jade shared a penchant for instilling fear in others, their targets differed significantly. Whereas Jade derived amusement from tormenting the innocent, Tokaku found satisfaction in witnessing the suffering of the guilty. This distinction, though subtle, was a source of unease for Tokaku, as she grappled with reconciling her own moral compass with Jade's more indiscriminate approach.

After a long conversation, finally, it was late at night. Nervine and Oceana realized the time when they were done talking about how unique future in-laws they are for pairing their young merman son with a young land beauty, as it is not rare for merfolk to fall for land dwellers, like the tales of the mermaid princess and the human prince.

They dismissed their lengthy discussion and then called out to their twin sons, Jade and Floyd, informing them that it was time to return to their respective cabins. Receiving the call from their parents, the Leech brothers immediately returned to them.

Soon after, the Leech family, led by Tokaku, went to the girl's suite. Using the key Kaiba had entrusted her with, Tokaku unlocked the door and entered, followed closely by Oceana, the merman's mother, who had insisted on assisting with the packing.

Inside the girl's room, Oceana helped fold Tokaku's clothes while the young woman carefully placed the items into her luggage. They worked in a comfortable silence, the air thick with anticipation as the families prepared for the next day in their cruise trip.

The girl, her luggage in tow, exited the suite alongside Oceana, Nervine's wife. Nervine and the Leech brothers stood waiting in the cabin pathway, a set of keys in his outstretched hand.

"This cabin is for you, my dear," Nervine said, his voice warm and welcoming as he presented the keys to Tokaku. "It is my gift to you, for saving my son's life."

Tokaku was momentarily at a loss for words, her eyes wide with gratitude. She bowed deeply, her voice soft as she expressed her heartfelt thanks.

Nervine accepted her gratitude with a gentle nod, reassuring her that the cabin was rightfully hers. After exchanging final goodnights, the Leech family departed, leaving Tokaku alone in the cozy cabin.

Jade, however, lingered at the doorway, extending a hand to assist his girlfriend with unpacking. Tokaku politely declined the offer, reassuring him that she would take care of arranging her belongings herself. Respecting her decision, Jade obeyed and turned to leave.

But before he departed, the tall young merman approached Tokaku, his heterochromia eyes filled with affection. Gently, he leaned in and planted a soft kiss on her cheek, where a faint bruise still lingered. "Goodnight, my love," he whispered, his voice barely above a murmur, before turning and making his way back to his own cabin.

Tokaku could felt blush rose on her white face. She bore a slight smile, overwhelmed by the affection and gentleness her boyfriend gave. She then closed her cabin door before turning to the luggage beside the cabin wardrobe.

The following day, the Leech family decided to enjoy the day of their cruise trip by engaging in the entertainment provided there. Tokaku was informed about this and she agreed to spend time together with her boyfriend's family. The Leech family and Tokaku adorned themselves in light, comfy summer outfits with sandals on their feet.

Nervine started by wearing a smart shirt with shorts. Jade wore a light sweater and loose, long pants, while his twin, Floyd, wore a short-sleeved linen shirt, half-buttoned, with jean shorts. As for Oceana, she adorned herself in a tropical-printed, sleeveless summer dress. Lastly, Tokaku wore a resort-style V-neck women's dress with a black headband on her short, azure-colored hair.

After breakfast at the dining hall,the Leech family discussed on where each members wanted to go at the table. Floyd wanted to go basketball at the cruise basketball court,Jade wanted to play billiards and their parents wanted to go poolside drinks for their date.

Nervine, ever the thoughtful father, gently suggested to his son Jade that he should take his girlfriend Tokaku on a date. This, Nervine believed, would be the perfect opportunity for the young couple to enjoy some much-needed romantic time together. Jade's face lit up with excitement at his father's proposal, and he eagerly agreed to take Tokaku on a date aboard a luxurious cruise ship.

Brimming with anticipation, Jade approached Tokaku and invited her to join him for a game of billiards on the cruise. Tokaku, though initially unsure of how to spend her time on the ship, readily accepted Jade's offer, recalling his earlier promise to take her on a date once they had resolved the matters with Kaiba.

The prospect of an intimate, romantic outing filled Tokaku's heart with a sense of joy and contentment. She looked forward to this chance to strengthen the bond she shared with Jade, away from the distractions and complications that had previously occupied their time. As they prepared to embark on their date, an air of excitement and possibility hung between them, hinting at the wonderful memories they were about to create together on the open waters.