A Medicine For The Heart

The Pomefiore dorm was quiet the next early sunrise, saving the soothing sounds of wind and birds chirping each other. Their chirp disturbed the soundly sleeping Epel through the opened window inside his room. The lilac-haired male was deep into his doze, not until a few knocks on his door. The male flattered his heavy eyes, stretching his muscles before forcing his body to get up from his soft bed. He walked wobbly to the door, twisting the doorknob to open the door.

"Good morning, pommete. " greeted Rook in his college uniform.

"Good morning, Rook. " yawned Epel, rubbing his sleepy eye." This is strange. I thought Tokaku would be the one to wake me up like she did the other day. "

"I have just met her. She asked me to wake you up early on her way to meet Vil." Rook explained.

"What? Why does she meet Vil this early in the morning? " Epel asked, curious about his friend.

"Well, do you know that Vil and Tokaku attend Pharmacy class?" Rook questioned.

"Yes, I knew that. " Epel nodded.

"Recently, they were given a task. Vil, Tokaku also Jade are a group and now they are preparing some materials to perform a presentation on a medicine created by them. But today, they are going to do some research before they start to experiment and invent their group's antibiotic." Rook explained, filling up his Pomefiore freshman. " Vil reserved the pharmacy lab for his group on sunrise so Tokaku and Jade must rush there early."

"Oh, that is why today Tokaku did not wake me up," Epel nodded, demonstrating his understanding.

"Breakfast is ready on the table. Please promptly attend to your hygiene and dress in your college uniform," Rook said, reminding Epel to present himself properly.

Epel dutifully complied with Rook's instructions. He closed his door and quickly retrieved his towel as he hurried towards the shower. Meanwhile, Rook made his way to the dining hall.

"Wait, Jade is in Vil's group with Tokaku? Didn't Vil explicitly forbid Tokaku from meeting him?" Epel suddenly pondered while showering in his bathroom. "I have a foreboding feeling about this."

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria, Vil decided to have breakfast with Tokaku so that they would not waste time before the pharmacy lab opened. He had tomato soup with wholemeal bread, while Tokaku had rice and stir-fried beef with green peppers. While enjoying their morning meal, they were interrupted by Jade, who approached their table with a coffee cup in his hand and greeted them.

"Good morning, Vil and Tokaku. I apologize for being late from the agreed-upon time in our group chat," Jade smiled with his eyebrows raised.

"You were supposed to meet us before we finished our breakfast," Vil expressed his dissatisfaction. "What kind of a vice house warden are you? By making people wait for your arrival, not only are you embarrassing yourself, but you are also neglecting your responsibilities." He scolded the teal-haired sophomore, placing his cutlery in a clear bowl after finishing his tomato soup.

Tokaku was chewing her meal slowly while listening to Vil scold Jade. She swallowed to clear her throat and placed her cutlery on her plate. "Were you late because of Floyd?" she asked Jade.

Jade turned to Tokaku in response to her question. "Yes, he caused a commotion this morning because he felt it was unfair if I was the only one who could come and meet you," he nodded.

"Just as I suspected, you were never late for a meeting unless bothered by Floyd," she sighed and lowered her eyelids. "That Floyd... I never liked how he was overly attached to me," the blue-eyed girl grumbled.

Vil overheard her grumbling and questioned her. "Floyd? Overly attached to you?"

"I don't know his reasons, but he often tried to embrace me. Jade has always shielded me from him," Tokaku explained.