Schemer Of The Scandling Sands

Writer's note:

I've skipped a few chapters until On the Seafloor. Sorry, to announce this late but I've been writing chapters where only there are the Octavinelle moments. Stay tuned for more Tokaku x Octavinelle adventures.

(On The Seafloor)

Enma and Grim found themselves seeking refuge at the Mostro Lounge after escaping from the Scarabia House with the help of a magical carpet. After a rough landing, they lay on the floor, bewildered by their surroundings in the darkness.

Suddenly, the light switched on, revealing the Mostro Lounge. To their surprise, they had arrived at their destination.

"Well, well. What have we here? Patrons in search of a midnight snack, perhaps?" Jade remarked, observing Enma and Grim on the restaurant floor.

"Aw, man. I was fully prepared to catch any burglars trying to steal our food supplies. It's just the little Shrimpy and the Seal," pouted Floyd, who was sitting beside Enma.

Tokaku stood among them, studying Enma and Grim. "Their scents... it's Enma and Grim."

"Lame," replied the messy teal-haired male.

Flashback:

The crashing noise startled the twins and Tokaku awake. They all met in the hallway while heading to the Mostro Lounge.

"Jade, Floyd," called the blue-haired girl.

"A pleasant evening, Tokaku," Jade greeted in return.

"Not so pleasant, actually. Did that loud noise wake you up too, Blue Shark?" Floyd chimed in, addressing Tokaku.

Tokaku nodded. "The sound clearly came from the Mostro Lounge. I could hear tables being flipped over and glasses shattering."

"And with a little imagination, we can picture the chaos. Let's secure the Mostro Lounge immediately," suggested the neat teal-haired male. Tokaku and Floyd agreed.

#Flashback ends.

"What...? Why are you guys here?" Grim asked the twins and Tokaku.

"Haven't we already gone over this? We can't go home during the winter break due to the ice floes, remember?" Floyd replied to the feline.

"Wait, so we're in Octavinelle?!" questioned Grim.

"Yes, specifically inside the Mostro Lounge," answered Jade.

"It's quite obvious at first glance," added Tokaku.

"We... we made it! Finally, we've escaped from that dreadful prison!" Grim exclaimed happily. The flying carpet beside the feline jumped with joy as well.

"A prison? Could you provide more details?" the neat teal-haired male inquired.

"And what's this rectangular flounder-looking object?" his twin asked.

"It seems to resemble Kalim's magic carpet," Jade replied.

Suddenly, Tokaku caught the scent of a group of individuals approaching the restaurant hastily. "Incoming intruders," she warned the others.

All of a sudden, multiple individuals stepped in.

"There's no escape for you now, thieves!" exclaimed a golden-haired Scarabian male.

"Surrender quietly!" yelled a purple-haired male.

"Meow?! You chased us all the way here?! You guys are seriously persistent!" Grim was shocked to see the Scarabian males.

"What did you do to make them so eager to capture you?" Tokaku asked Enma.

"It's a long story, but it doesn't mean we committed a crime," answered the black-haired male.