They Like Each Other

"I adore Jade," Tokaku whispered, her voice filled with passion, in response to Vil's inquiry.

This revelation took Vil by surprise. While he had suspected something, he never expected such a sincere confession from the icy assassin girl. "You truly admire Jade? Why is that?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

Tokaku hesitated for a moment, lost in thought as she tried to find the right words to express her feelings. "I am drawn to him because..." she trailed off, her mind immersed in contemplation. "He has always shown me care and concern. Whenever I faced difficulties with my studies or personal problems, he was always there to lend a helping hand and bring solace. Moreover, I am enchanted by his unique blend of tea and the thoughtfulness he puts into selecting the perfect gift on my birthday."

Vil stood in stunned silence, unable to comprehend the depth of Tokaku's emotions. "Could it be that you have fallen in love with Jade?" he finally managed to utter.

The question hung in the air, enveloping the girl in a profound moment of introspection. After a long pause, she softly confessed, "Perhaps I have."

Vil's purple eyes widened in astonishment as he struggled to process Tokaku's unexpected reply. Who would have imagined that the heartless and unyielding Tokaku could fall deeply in love with Jade, a well-mannered and enigmatic sophomore?

For quite some time, Tokaku had kept her feelings hidden, secretly cherishing the moment when Jade bestowed upon her a pair of sea glass earrings. However, that alone was not the sole reason behind her fondness for him. What truly captivated her was his essence, reminiscent of a merman's allure, resonating with the sea's tranquility. Whenever Tokaku found herself in Jade's presence, she was engulfed by the aroma of the ocean, transporting her to a serene underwater sanctuary. With him by her side, she felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and belonging.

Also, Jade's sentimental fragrance is far more discernible compared to his twin brother, Floyd. She is well aware of his emotions, yet unraveling Floyd's scent can be entangled with his mercurial moods.

Jade has undoubtedly shown a deeper concern for Tokaku than Azul and Floyd, acknowledging her presence in Octavinelle from the very beginning. Unlike his mischievous twin brother, Jade treats her with respect, allowing her to confide in him without hesitation. Their conversations flow effortlessly, igniting a fondness within Tokaku for these intimate exchanges. And let us not forget, Jade's mastery in the art of serving tea is precisely why Tokaku favors his black brew above any other libation crafted by anyone else. Indeed, Tokaku's discerning taste is as refined as the lavish heiress she once was.

Tokaku harbors affection for Jade, evident in his genuine care for her well-being, although she adeptly conceals her own sentiments.

Yet, it has been quite some time since she had someone who genuinely nurtured her heart after her late grandmother took the life of her beloved aunt.

"Is there anything you would like to inquire about?" Tokaku asked Vil.

Vil blinked, as he was taken aback by the girl's confession and rendered speechless. Regaining his composure, he replied to Tokaku, "No, my question has been resolved."

"Very well. I must now proceed to meet Epel. I bid you farewell," Tokaku informed the male.

Vil nodded, a gesture indicating his permission for her to depart. After her departure, Vil remained in the corridor, deep in contemplation.