Only Beauty Kidnapped The Ugly Ones

Before the start of the mathematics class, Tokaku was deeply engrossed in reviewing formulas from her textbook. Her focus, however, was interrupted by Jack and Epel, who made their way over to where she was seated.

"Seems like you're busy over there," remarked Jack.

"Oh, definitely. With a quiz looming, I'd rather hit the books now than deal with Azul's reprimands for a failing grade," replied Tokaku, glancing at a page in her book.

"Surprising to hear that Azul is just as strict as Vil when it comes to grades," commented Epel.

"And let's not forget Riddle Rosehearts. I saw Ace and Deuce receive a week-long punishment for failing their biology quiz last week. Those collars around their necks stayed put for a whole seven days. I bet they're finally gone now," Jack mentioned, letting out a sigh. "Hopefully, they've learned their lesson this time."

"If they faced repercussions, it's a reminder for me as well," Tokaku acknowledged.

"Why would Azul be so strict with you when you excel in all your subjects, often scoring As or at least a B- in Magic History?" Epel inquired, shrugging slightly.

"That's his way of keeping me motivated. He's the one who welcomed me into his dorm and oversees my progress," explained Tokaku.

"Listening to you, it puts things into perspective regarding my issues with Vil," lamented Epel, looking visibly concerned. His sudden change in demeanor didn't escape Tokaku's notice. "What's wrong?" she asked with genuine concern.

"Oh, nothing! Just got lost in my thoughts for a moment. Ha ha... Don't worry about me," Epel deflected, trying to mask his true feelings.

Seeing through his facade, Tokaku pressed on. "I know something's bothering you, Epel. You can confide in me."

Caught off guard, Epel unintentionally revealed his frustrations with Vil. "How did you know I was struggling with Vil's strictness?" he admitted, realizing his slip-up.

"That's how," Tokaku pointed out, flashing a knowing smile.

"Wait, you have issues with your house warden, too?" Jack questioned, surprised by the revelation.

"I do," Epel confessed.

"Vil is your house warden?" Tokaku sought confirmation.

Epel nodded. "Yes, and he's the strictest person I've ever encountered. Constantly critiquing my actions, speech, even the way I eat. It's become overwhelming."

Hearing Epel's grievances, Jack offered a different perspective. "From what I've heard, Vil values true beauty and strives to bring out the best in his residents. Perhaps his criticisms stem from a place of concern, aiming to guide you on the right path. House wardens have a duty to ensure their residents follow rules and learn from their mistakes."

Reflecting on Jack's words, Epel reevaluated his behavior. "Maybe I've been too harsh on Vil. Coming from a different background, I lack the refinement and etiquette expected in Pomefiore. I need to take his advice to heart and work on improving myself."

"Exactly," Jack nodded approvingly.

"Well said, Jack Howl, the voice of reason and morality among us. Let's give him a round of applause," Tokaku teased, joined by Epel in applauding Jack.

"Enough with the flattery, you two," Jack chuckled, downplaying their praise.

"We're just kidding, but your sincerity is admirable, Jack," Tokaku remarked.

Jack was taken aback. "Truly? That's how you see me?" he scratched his head.

"Absolutely. Your caring nature shines through, especially in your willingness to assist others in need, like the Ramshackle prefect. It's a trait that doesn't go unnoticed," Tokaku pointed out.