The Merman and His Family

Within a ward room at Sage Island's specialized hospital for merfolks, Jade lay unconscious on a hospital bed, still sleeping after the tragic events of the previous night. Beside him, Floyd sat vigilantly, watching over his twin brother. Prior to arriving at the hospital, Floyd had informed their parents about Jade's hospitalization after being stabbed. The news understandably shocked their parents, prompting them to make immediate plans to visit both Jade and Floyd at the hospital on Sage Island. Despite the distance between Sage Island and the Coral Sea, the Leech twins' parents were able to reach them in just three hours, courtesy of transportation provided by the Hero country. While waiting for their parents' arrival, Floyd rested his head by Jade's bedside, feeling a deep sense of sadness for what had befallen his brother. His heart ached at the thought of Tokaku's kidnapping by her own mentor, someone she had ostensibly detested.

"How did things escalate to this point?" Floyd whispered, a touch of melancholy coloring his typically jovial voice. His gaze remained fixed on Jade, who slumbered peacefully. Following a thorough examination by the doctor, Floyd was reassured that Jade was in stable condition, his wound skillfully stitched and treated with a healing potion specifically designed for merfolk injuries. With merfolks known for their rapid skin recovery, Jade's wound was already showing signs of improvement.

Suddenly, Floyd's attention was diverted by a call from Azul. Answering the call, he listened attentively as Azul inquired about Jade's well-being and shared updates from a recent meeting.

"We concluded the meeting not long ago. How is Jade faring?" Azul queried, concerned for Floyd's twin brother.

"Jade hasn't woken up yet, but he's progressing well. Our kind certainly have resilient genes," Floyd replied. "As for the meeting, did you uncover any new information about last night's events?"

Azul proceeded to share insights from the meeting, revealing that Tokaku had been the one to stitch Jade's wound before being forcibly separated from him. Although the circumstances were clearer now, the whereabouts of Tokaku remained a mystery. The headmaster had involved the police in the search effort, hoping to locate Kaiba and Tokaku. Expressing his condolences, Azul urged Floyd to look after his brother.

"Thank you," Floyd replied solemnly. Ending the call, he returned his focus to Jade, wishing for his twin to awaken from his slumber.

As Jade drifted off to slumber, he dreamed of standing in the center of the misty white room. Once again, he encountered Mako, gazing at Jade with a warm smile. Feeling guilty for failing to save Tokaku from Kaiba's possession, the merman bowed his head in distress. He apologized to Mako, admitting his failure in keeping his promises of protecting Tokaku. Although she understood what had happened, Mako remained composed and gave him a reassuring smile.

"You may think it's your fault. However, I am not disappointed because you tried your best to protect her, even though you were severely wounded. I couldn't be more grateful for your actions. To be honest, the incident last night made me proud of my niece for her determination to save you and her willingness to sacrifice her freedom to ensure the safety and well-being of you and her friends. I'm delighted to know that she still has a golden heart. However, it saddens me to see my beloved niece being taken away from you, her dear boyfriend, and I am helpless to prevent it," Mako explained, a hint of sadness in her soft tone. Listening to Mako forgive him for his failure, Jade still felt guilty, clenching his fists in frustration. He was supposed to keep his promise to Mako to protect Tokaku with his own life, but instead, he carelessly let his guard down and got stabbed by Kaiba, which led to Tokaku surrendering herself to Kaiba in order to save Jade's life. His mind was flooded with regrets, his heart burdened with sorrow.

Watching the merman lower his head in frustration, Mako enlightened him by saying that they should leave the incident behind and focus on saving Tokaku from Kaiba's possession. "Now, it is time to save Tokaku from Kaiba's possession once and for all. To do that, you must follow my orders, Jade, because I have information on Tokaku's whereabouts,"