A New But Familiar Mentor

(In Tokaku's Original World)

Footsteps were heard along a hall surrounded by trainees in an assassin facility. A man in his thirties wearing a white suit, a red undershirt, and rectangular sunglasses on his eyes, was walking along the hall. As he walked, he passed windows where there were trainees shooting on the target board, throwing knives, and hand-to-hand combat with their partners. After that, he went to an entrance door where there was a sign read Girls Dormitory. He passed a few doors on the third floor until he stopped in front of the last door. The door has a name sign and was written with Tokaku's full name in the Japanese Kanji on it.

The man entered the room after he unlocked it with a key in his hand. At the doorway, he looked at his trainee's dorm room. Tokaku's room appeared to be fine: her desk was uncluttered, her window was closed, her bed was tidy with a folded blanket on its cushion, and her bookshelf: her collection of books was restored neatly and in order. Her room has not changed a bit, which did not explain her disappearance a few weeks ago in her world.

On the day of the time Tokaku was going to receive her first order of assassination after her graduation for being the only one to pass the final assassin trial, she was reported to be gone, disappearing without a trace to locate her or figure out the reasons for her disappearance. Many assumed that the girl may leave for her arranged marriage as they heard that her grandmother had decided her marriage to a partner from the cousin of their clan, the Kuzunoha clan of the West. The clan was known to be in the same branch as the Azuma, and so did their popular assassination of killing their targets using psychological threats like dark magic, mind manipulations, and more of their specialties.

The Azuma, on the other hand, are specialized in combat. These two clans have been in touch since ancient times and most of the wives in the Azuma's tree roots came from the Kuzunoha, being engaged in an arranged marriage since then. This time, Tokaku will be a wife of the Azuma to a husband from the Kuzunoha, just like her mother before.

However, Kaiba-Sensei, Tokaku's former mentor, the man in a white suit, did not buy that assumption. He had known that girl for four years and he recognized her as a person who dislikes to bond a relationship with anyone, either friendship or arranged marriage. To make the assumption denied, Tokaku became the head of the Azuma after her grandmother passed away three years ago, as in the Azuma's inheritance rules where the oldest or the last member will be the head family regardless of gender after the death of the previous head family. This means she had the power to order, listen, and make decisions even disagree and cancel her arranged marriage.

Kaiba turned around the room, looking at every corner before his eyes caught on the mirror stand at the end nook. He then approached the room and pointed a finger close to its glass but left a distance apart. The reflection of his finger showed that his finger touched the glass when it was not. Seeing that, Kaiba smirked. He put a hand on the mirror when it suddenly got through the glass, revealing that the mirror stand was not an ordinary but a magical one. Kaiba stepped into the mirror.

In a flash of light, the man arrived at the Mirror Chamber in Night Raven College. Behind was the Dark Mirror which is conscious. Kaiba looked at the interior of the hall until he was called by Crowley who appeared to be there.

"Excuse me, sir. Are you perhaps lost?" The headmaster asked.

Kaiba smiled. " Yes, I am. You see, I was looking for my student. Tokaku Azuma, a girl with short blue hair and fierce looking. Do you know her? "

" Azuma? Yes, I do. She enrolled here for your information. " Crowley answered." Did you say that Azuma is your student? " he asked.

" Yes, I did. I am her teacher anyway." Kaiba replied.