I'd Join You

That night, Tokaku found herself unable to sleep, reflecting on the events that had transpired earlier in the evening. While working in the Mostro Lounge, she had distanced herself from Jade and refused to engage with him. After her shift, she had hurriedly retreated to her room, neglecting to bid him a good night. Lying in bed, Tokaku couldn't close her eyes, troubled by what had occurred at the lounge.

Tokaku: Why did Jade react that way towards me?

Suddenly, a soft voice whispered into her ear.

"Perhaps he was trying to protect you,"

Tokaku: Protect me from what?

"His brother"

Tokaku: Floyd?

The memory of Floyd pushing her onto the sofa and overpowering her came rushing back to Tokaku's mind.

Tokaku: In that moment, I was stunned and clueless about what Floyd had done to me. I felt fear, a fear that coursed through me when he was on top of me. There was something in Floyd's eyes, a glimmer of dual colors that struck me. And his emotions had a scent unlike anything I had ever encountered before; a mix of lust and insanity. Floyd is the type to let his emotions guide him. If Jade hadn't intervened at the right time, I don't know what Floyd would have done after his actions.

"You have a clear understanding of the cause of your problem. What do you think you should do now?"

Tokaku: I should apologize to him, but it's late at night. I'll talk to him tomorrow before school starts.

With the voice now fading away, Tokaku was left alone to calm her racing thoughts. Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, her phone suddenly buzzed, startling her awake. She quickly reached for it from her nearby drawer and saw a call notification on the screen.

Tokaku: Who could be calling at this hour? But why is it Jade?

Curious and worried, she checked her contacts and saw Jade's name displayed on the screen.

Tokaku: Jade? He usually falls asleep at this time. Why would he be calling me?

Anxious about the situation, Tokaku immediately answered the call.

Tokaku: Hello, Jade.

Jade: Hello, Tokaku. I'm sorry, but I feel quite lonely right now.

Tokaku: ?! Jade, what happened?

Jade: ...Never mind. It can wait until tomorrow. Take care until then.

Tokaku: ...

The call ended abruptly, leaving Tokaku concerned by Jade's unusual demeanor.

Tokaku (POV): I should go check on him.

Without hesitation, she got out of bed and quickly put on her dorm uniform. Leaving her room behind, she hastily searched for Jade. As she hurried through the hallways, she caught a whiff of his scent emanating from the Mostro Lounge. Without wasting a moment, she rushed towards the lounge, following the scent. Eventually, she found Jade lying on the floor, surrounded by shattered glass and nursing an injured leg.

Tokaku immediately ran to Jade upon seeing the scene in front of her. Concerned, she asked Jade what had happened. Jade, with a hint of embarrassment, began to explain the series of events that led to his current state. It all started when he decided to taste-test some mushrooms he had recently discovered while hiking in the mountains. Unbeknownst to him, he accidentally consumed a poisonous one, causing his head to feel hazy.

As Jade tried to regain his balance, he instinctively reached out to grab onto something, but unfortunately, he grabbed a plate instead. In a sudden turn of events, the plate slipped from his hands and shattered on his leg, leaving him in pain and disarray. It seemed like he had jumped from the frying pan into the fire.