The Assassin, The Mentor and The Students

Tokaku strolled down the hallway towards her classroom. Upon reaching her seat, Jack and Epel approached her, noticing their friend's presence in their class.

"Tokaku?! Why are you here? Weren't you supposed to be absent today until you have fully recovered?" Jack inquired.

"I am well enough to attend class today," Tokaku confidently responded.

"Are you sure?" Epel sought reassurance.

"I am certain," Tokaku assured them.

Jack let out a sigh. "Please inform us if you start feeling unwell."

Tokaku nodded, demonstrating her understanding. The first period of the day was dedicated to Magic History. Professor Trein delivered a lecture on The Glorious Era of Mages. He explained that during that era, mages were classified into three categories: sorcerers, wizards, and magicians. Sorcerers were considered the most esteemed among the three, as they were legendary figures in warfare, referred to as Warlords. Their abilities included crafting spiritual weapons and possessing exceptional mental and physical strength, which always ensured their triumph. Wizards, on the other hand, belonged to the middle class and served as mercenaries, specializing in potion production and trade on a global scale. Lastly, magicians were the lowest class of mages, compelled to work as slaves for wizards and sorcerers. They were subjected to abuse, assault, and human trafficking during The Glorious Era of Mages. However, these class distinctions were abolished with the advent of the modern era, eradicating the labels associated with the three types of mages. This led to the contemporary period where individuals possessing magical talents are universally referred to as mages.

While Tokaku listened attentively to Professor Trein's history lecture, she suddenly heard the voice of the blue-haired lady whispering in her ear, informing her that someone was watching her outside the classroom door. Alerted by this, Tokaku looked around to see if Kaiba, her former teacher, was nearby. She noticed him peering at the doorway and glared at him sharply. Kaiba smirked in response and then walked away, his hands in his pockets. Once he was out of sight, Tokaku refocused on her class.

After the fourth period ended, Tokaku joined Jack and Epel for lunch at the cafeteria. As they ordered their food and sat at their usual table, Jack informed them that Coach Vargas had instructed them to gather early at the field because a new Athletic teacher would be joining their class. Curious about who the new teacher was, Epel asked for more details, but Jack didn't know much. Meanwhile, Tokaku listened to their conversation while slowly eating her curry rice. Suddenly, she detected a familiar, sinister scent. She chose to ignore it, knowing that the person it belonged to was approaching.

Just then, Kaiba appeared and greeted the group, mentioning that he had seen them in his previous class. Jack and Epel greeted him warmly, but Tokaku continued eating her lunch, disregarding his presence. Surprised, Jack and Epel introduced her to the new Math professor, but Kaiba interrupted, stating that he already knew her because she had been his student before. This revelation left Jack and Epel astonished, and Epel inquired how Kaiba knew her. Kaiba simply replied that he knew her because she was his former student.

" What?! You're his former student, Tokaku?" Epel asked.

The said girl sighed before she nodded. "Yes, I am his former student and he's my former mentor when I was an assassin candidate in my world. "

" So, you came here from another world, sir? "Jack asked Kaiba.

Kaiba nodded." Yup, you got it! "He gave a thumbs up.

Epel looked at Tokaku, asking to invite his mentor to their table. Tokaku doubted to agree but she changed her mind when she thought that she supposed not to sign how dangerous her mentor is since her buddies like him very much. Kaiba then sat beside his former student, smiling and putting his face in his hand. He asked Jack and Epel how they met and knew Tokaku. Jack explained that he met her when he saw her getting picked up by three bullies during her first day and he got to know Tokaku better after they often support each other in class. Then, Epel chimed in, explaining that he became friends with Tokaku when they worked together on their punishment given by Crewel which they must grow lantern blossom in two months. With Tokaku and him incorporating, they fortunately accomplished their task. Kaiba listened to both of Tokaku's friends, expressing surprised and excited. He confessed that he never know that his former student had changed from being the cold devil in their academy to become a sweetheart rabbit when she enrolled Night Raven College and made friends which she never did when she was his student in training to become a professional assassin. Tokaku rolled her blue eyes, irritated with her mentor for telling her buddies about her time in the assassin training facility.