The Assassin, The Mentor and The Savanaclaw

In the Pomefiore lounge, Epel luxuriated in the atmosphere, finding joy in listening to Kaiba as he regaled them with stories of his past experiences teaching the art of assassination to young candidates. Tokaku, however, appeared disinterested, feigning attention while her mind wandered elsewhere.

Mid-conversation, Tokaku's phone suddenly vibrated, interrupting the flow of the conversation with a brief notification sound. Mindful of privacy, she excused herself from the group, retreating to a secluded nook where she could review the message without any eavesdroppers. Opening her phone, she found a message from Jade, inquiring about the completion of their task to harvest the lanternblossoms.

Tokaku swiftly responded to Jade's message, affirming that she and Epel had successfully completed the assignment given to them by Crewel. As a result, they now found themselves in the illustrious Pomefiore, indulging in refreshing apple juices with Kaiba.

Jade, upon receiving Tokaku's reply, was taken aback by the mention of Kaiba's presence. Intrigued, he replied, seeking an explanation as to why the duplicitous mentor had joined them. Tokaku promptly reassured him in her message, explaining that Kaiba had expressed a keen interest in sampling Epel's family's homemade apple juice. In response, Epel had graciously invited him to his dormitory and treated him to a drink at the Pomefiore lounge. Reflecting on Tokaku's message, Jade paused to consider his next move. Ultimately, he texted Tokaku, expressing a sense of urgency and a desire to discuss something important. He also extended an invitation for both Tokaku and Epel to join him for a tea gathering in the Mostro Lounge. This way, Tokaku could leave her mentor's company while ensuring Epel's safety by not leaving him alone with Kaiba. Without delay, Tokaku readily agreed in her reply message, stating, "Alright, I'll go now."

She placed her phone securely in the pocket of her blazer. Tokaku approached Epel with some news. "I apologize, Epel. Jade just sent me a text message. He expressed his desire to invite you to a tea gathering."

"Really? I would love to go, but what about Kaiba? It wouldn't be polite to leave him behind," Epel replied.

Kaiba overheard the conversation and reassured Epel. "Oh, don't worry about me. I was actually planning to leave soon. I have a lot of paperwork that needs to be taken care of," he said as he stood up from the couch.

"Thank you for spending time with us and indulging in my family's apple juice, sir. We'll see you soon," Epel bid farewell to the Mathematics professor.

"Oh, but we're meeting again tomorrow. Bidding farewell seems unnecessary, doesn't it?" Kaiba remarked, touched by Epel's words. "Since you've been such a good student, how about I treat you to something in the future when I have some free time?" he suggested.

"I would love that, sir," Epel agreed.

Turning his attention to Tokaku, Kaiba noticed her intense gaze and folded arms. With a smug grin on his face, he approached her and gently patted her shoulder. "Don't misunderstand me. I will treat you as well. I treat all my students equally," he assured her. Leaning closer to her ear, he whispered, "Actually, I've already planned a treat for you. It's hidden in the woods behind the campus. You can retrieve it at any time, but I suggest doing it soon. I'm afraid it might get ruined if you don't fetch it promptly."

Tokaku listened intently, a sense of unease settling in her gut. It seemed that Kaiba had orchestrated something, potentially unpleasant, specifically for her. Despite her inability to fully identify the nature of it, she couldn't shake the feeling. As Kaiba departed, Tokaku's gaze remained fixed on him, a glint of suspicion in her eyes. Epel, standing beside her, could sense the intensity of her glare, despite her outwardly emotionless demeanor. With Kaiba gone, Tokaku gestured for Epel to follow her back to their dormitory. Epel complied, willingly joining her.