The Assassin, The Mentor and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden - part 2

"What is Tokaku's family curse?" Jade asked, his curiosity piqued.

Kaiba smirked before responding. "Are you curious to know?"

Jade nodded enthusiastically. "Absolutely! Besides, it is my duty to have a better understanding of my esteemed resident."

Kaiba glanced around to ensure no customers or restaurant staff were within earshot before diving into the story of Tokaku's family curse. As it turned out, the Azuma clan had been plagued by a curse that had been passed down through the generations, eventually reaching Tokaku herself. This cursed fate meant that members of the Azuma family would face life-threatening perils throughout their entire lives. From the moment they reached puberty, danger would loom incessantly until their eventual demise. However, there was a glimmer of hope amidst this darkness. It was believed that by marrying into the Kuzunoha family, renowned practitioners of dark magic, the curse could be broken. The Kuzunoha possessed the necessary skills and expertise to ward off the imminent threats posed by the curse. To ensure the survival of the bloodline, it was imperative for members of both families to wed one another. Over time, this edict became a strict taboo; any Azuma member who dared to marry outside of the Kuzunoha or Azuma clans risked facing extermination due to the insidious curse hanging over them.

Jade ,who listened attentively, fell silent as he did not expected Tokaku to be inherited such a deadly curse. If she was still in her home world, she might have to marry a man from the cousin of her family, he thought , which made him feel jealous and sad. However, now she is in Twisted Wonderland, a new enchanting world apart from her world where magic is just a mere fairytale for public but not for the people living in the darkness, he wondered if the curse will affect continuously as long as she hasn't marry a Kuzunoha man. His mind was confused whether to put his love for her first or her safety over his affection towards her. Then, he thought again; if he wants Tokaku to live a long life and he has the chance to confess his love to her, he must find a mage who is an expert in breaking curses to break her own. And he might have a suggestion for that.

Kaiba watched as Jade was pondering. He could guessed that the sophomore was thinking ways to save Tokaku from the haunting of her family curse. He grinned because of an entertainment he could sense while watching the Octavinelle vice house warden concerning his favorite student. After explaining the story about Tokaku's family curse, Kaiba excused himself to leave because he has finished his meal and he must head back to the teachers office for assignment marking of his class. Jade even persuade him to come to Mostro Lounge again and see him next time. Before he left, Kaiba gave Jade a vial. He told the towering teenage boy that inside the vial contains stevia which is a healthy replacement for white sugar and they taste more sweeter than any sugar. He even suggested to add the stevia in black tea as it would make it more aromatic and delightful. Jade remembered that Tokaku loves his black tea so he decided to take and use the stevia inside the vial to make his black tea special for her. As soon as Kaiba had gone from Mostro Lounge, Jade immediately rushed to the bar, making black tea in a teapot and adding a few drops of stevia as in the vial instructions into the black tea. With a spoon, he scoop and tasted it. Like Kaiba said, his black tea became sweeter with a small amount of stevia than five teaspoons of sugar. After finished making his black tea, he went to call Tokaku and invited her for a teatime  at the lounge. Tokaku accepted his invitation, following him to the lounge where there were a teapot and two cups on the glass coffee table. Tokaku seated on the sofa while Jade poured his black tea into a cup before lending the cup to her. Tokaku take a sip of the black tea. She became amazed by the new taste of her favorite tea.

"Mmm... Your tea has become even more delicious," Tokaku complimented expansively.

"Thank you. I am glad that you enjoy its new taste," Jade graciously thanked.