The Mentor

The aforementioned man approached the girl and the man. "Greetings, Tokaku. How are you?" Kaiba waved at his former student.

Jade was clueless and inquired about the identity of the man called Tokaku.

"He's my former mentor," Tokaku answered.

"Your former mentor?" Jade reflected.

Tokaku sighed before introducing Kaiba to her vice house warden. "Jade, allow me to introduce you to my former mentor, Kaiba-sensei. He used to train me at the assassin training facility in my world."

"Ah, I understand. So this is what your mentor looks like. Despite being a mentor, you appear quite mature and youthful," Jade remarked to Kaiba.

"Well, I am thirty-eight years old, far from being considered young. And to whom am I speaking?" Kaiba asked.

"My name is Jade Leech, sir. I am the vice house warden of Octavinelle. It's a pleasure to meet you, Tokaku's mentor," Jade introduced himself and greeted Kaiba.

"Wow, you are polite like a butler," Kaiba complimented. "When I applied here, I learned a bit about the seven dorms. You said you're the Octavinelle vice house warden, the dorm of the benevolence of the Sea Witch. Am I correct?"

"That's true," Jade reassured.

Kaiba looked at Tokaku with a smirk. "I could not believe that you're assigned to a dorm modeled after a famous idol for its endless mercy when you're heartless."

Tokaku scoffed. "What can I say? I was sheltering there as long as I was still a lost girl in this strange magical world."

"How about you? How did you end up here?" she asked.

"Same as how you did," Kaiba answered.

"The mirror..." Tokaku spoke in a breath.

"Anyway, actually, how did you come here? Beats me because I came here very smoothly," Kaiba said.

"Beats me too because it all went so fast. I can't remember how I ended up here," Tokaku replied.

Kaiba smiled at her response. "Forget about how we ended up here story. Can I know your and your vice house warden's story with all of these ingredients?"

"We were restocking ingredients at the Mostro Lounge," Tokaku answered.

"Mostro Lounge? Ah, I heard about it from the professors. It is a famous restaurant and the only one in this school. Your dorm was sure packs the ability to be the first dorm to launch a restaurant in Night Raven College," Kaiba said.

"You're so quick at catching rumors," Tokaku sighed.

"Thank you for the compliment to our dorm. You are welcome to Octavinelle to experience the food and beverages in the Mostro Lounge," Jade replied.

"Wait until I have time. The new professor is the busiest with their teaching schedule," Kaiba said.

Jade chuckled a little. "You poor thing."

Kaiba also laughed a little. "Well, I'm going to Sam's Mysterious Shop to buy myself some clothes and a few stationery for my next class tomorrow. See you next time." Kaiba extended his hand for Jade to shake.

Tokaku saw it and suddenly became terrified, grabbing Jade's hand before he could shake hands with her former mentor. Jade was shocked by her action while Kaiba remained unfazed.

"Jade, it's been a while since we were outside. We should get the stocks to the Mostro Lounge now," Tokaku said.

Jade nodded, though he was confused. After saying farewell to Kaiba, Tokaku, and Jade walked away with the stocks. Meanwhile, Kaiba watched them from behind, smirking before he approached Sam's Mysterious Shop.