Friends

It was a few months before the winter break, and the days after Azul was overblotted due to excessive negative emotions and passing his spell limit. As our assassin girl walked along the halls, she was surrounded by many pupils who were staring and whispering amongst themselves. Ignoring the murmurs, the blue-haired girl continued on her way to the classroom.

While walking, a familiar voice called out from behind, "Tokaku!"

Turning, Tokaku saw Jack hurrying to catch up with her. "Jack."

Stopping to face the male as he approached, Jack inquired, "Heading to class, are you?"

"Yes. Break time is almost over, so I'm making my way there now," Tokaku replied.

"Well, that's commendable of you. Though, it wasn't always the case," Jack praised her before turning serious.

"You were present, weren't you?" Tokaku questioned, sensing the direction of the conversation.

"Yeah. Although I observed, I wanted to confirm with you. What were those seniors up to with you?" Jack inquired.

"I put them in their place the other day," Tokaku responded.

"What?!" Jack exclaimed in surprise.

"Because they were bullying a junior in the library," Tokaku explained.

"Oh..." Jack calmed himself. "I was concerned that there might have been a confrontation with those seniors. I was ready to step in, but you had already handled the situation."

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm not one to be underestimated," Tokaku reassured Jack as they walked together.

"I know. You're strong and courageous, standing up to those who cross you," Jack complimented, smiling at her. "By the way, our next subject is..."

"Alchemist," Tokaku interjected.

"Thank you for the reminder, Tokaku. Let's hasten to the lab before Professor Crewel scolds us for tardiness," Jack suggested. The blue-haired girl agreed, and they quickened their pace down the hall.

At the Alchemy workshop, the pupils from Class 1B gathered there. They all changed their uniforms to their lab coats, including Tokaku. "All right, everyone, divide into pairs for each team. Come on, hasten your pace!" Crewel instructed the pupils. All of them then proceeded to find their partners, although, it appeared that there was one extra pupil.

"Sir!" A male with lilac hair raised his hand.

"Yes? What seems to be the issue, young man?" Crewel inquired of Epel, a freshman from Pomefiore.

"Excuse me, but I find myself without a partner for this experiment," Epel informed the dual-haired tutor.

"I see. You are the odd one out among the students here. In that case, we will form a team with three members. Let me select which team will have an additional member," Crewel stated, observing the pupils. His gaze eventually settled on Jack and Tokaku.

Pointing to the duo at their table, he directed the boy, "There. You shall join Jack and Tokaku." Crewel assigned the team.

"What?!" Epel exclaimed in disbelief. "You cannot be serious?! Partnering with that eccentric girl..." he mumbled.

"Pardon me, but are you planning to stand idle?" Crewel questioned the boy with a stern expression.

"My sincere apologies, sir!" Epel hurriedly moved to sit beside Jack and Tokaku.

Following Epel's seating arrangement, Crewel commenced his lecture in front of the pupils. "Listen attentively, class. The lantern blossom is a luminous plant, as the name suggests. Its unique trait lies in converting nutrients into magic, which it stores within its structure. Upon blossoming, it releases all its accumulated magic energy at once, causing it to emit light. Subsequently, its petals continue to emit magic constantly. Consequently, it wilts rapidly, rendering propagation quite challenging. Even within our garden, only a few specimens abound."