chapter 3 // haven

My sense of excitement was cut short as the man in front of me began slowing down. Instead of the city whizzing past me, it was a dark road lined with old warehouse buildings. There were piles of trash, furniture, and even a few stray animals walking around as we came to a stop.

He cut the engine, leaving the vibration of the bike behind, while kicking out the stand. My eyes didn't leave him as he flipped his body in a 360. His face and body was now mirrored with mine and we sat a few inches apart.

I could feel his cold breath come down on my face as he hummed. For some reason, this man gave off safe feelings that I just wanted to grab onto. I still was scared but not as much as before. His hands trailed down his back before dragging out a black handkerchief.

"Oh for the love of God, not this again, please. I won't do anything. FUCK YOU" I yell, moving back and forth with my emotions.

My boots slammed into the side of his bike with all of my force before he responded to me.

"Rempli d'une telle rage princesse," He replied in French as he wrapped it around my eyes.

(Filled with such rage princess)

I didn't stop screaming and kicking his bike until we were taking off again. Except, now I couldn't see anything and the panic was settling in. The adrenaline was wearing off and there was no pleasure anymore. I should be happy. I should be happy that I am away from that awful of a house but this sense of unfamiliarity is making it worse.

I hadn't cried since I was a little girl, I always kept my composure strong, I never showed my weak side until now. They gushed out like a broken water faucet and there was no stopping it. My life was in shambles but I never knew it would get this bad. I hated the feeling of being young and vulnerable but I hated everything that led me to this moment more. I let the tears get caught in the piece of cloth that hid my eyes from the city, not giving a damn in the world right now.

I knew my father was dangerous but what about his enemies? Were they even worse? I knew I was about to face that question head on.

Everything hurt, my thighs from straddling this bike, my eyes from letting out the first tears in years, and my heart was shattered. I was shuffled into some room that they brung me too, the same hands from the bike clasped onto my arm, dragging me along.

We came to a stop but my eyes still were dark. I felt the hands rumple under my dress, removing the empty holster that held onto my thigh. Tears came even harder now, I was stripped of the only thing that made me feel safe within myself. I now was entirely nothing. I couldn't see anything, hear anything, or feel anything but my swollen eyes.

At this point, I wanted nothing more than to leave the blind fold on. Nobody could see me this way, not even myself. The tension rose as I felt eyes all over me, not knowing what was going to happen next. Finally, breaking the silence, was a few footsteps and the clanking of the belt being loosened from my wrists. They fell to my side and I quickly crossed them over my chest as a safety net.

I heard a scoff in the corner in response to my action, they probably thought I was being frail. As the black moved away from my face, my eyes began to fix the blurry vision. We were in a middle sized room with a large black bed, two side tables, and a balcony. It was mostly plain, not filled with anything. It looked as if they scrambled to make it into a bedroom last minute.

My eyes drifted over and I saw the nicest view of the city that I had ever seen. My other eye caught glimpse of the large bathroom up a few stairs to the left. What I didn't notice at first was the white masked man was now lined up with my body in front of me.

My eyebrow furrowed at him as I saw his throat begin to move. Before he could speak about anything, I let out the most anger filled scream that I had been holding in forever. I wanted him to hear me, hear that I wasn't weak. I also wanted to do it for myself, to let out the remaining feelings of weakness I felt.

"Done?", he said as I felt my throat begin to burn.

His stance never changed even at the loudest part, he maintained his composure well. As if something like that would not effect him in the slightest.

"You call me Sin," his deep voice groaned with his chin pointed like a king.

He kept his hands behind his back until he reached around and tugged off the mask. His chiseled jaw came into view along with his deep set of hazel eyes. His eyes were deep like they had many stories to tell me. His black hair remained the same as I had seen at the house, shaggy and medium length like a wolf cut. His lips remained in a scowl almost like he was about to eat you for dinner.

One single strand hung down into forehead, which touched a red and deep scar that lined the left side of his face. He had the kind of face you would see in a firefighter's calendar with a sob story that would knock you off your feet.

He stood at about 6 foot 4 with a strong, powerful, and muscular body which was larger than the other man from the bike. His body screamed assertive and cocky right at you by the way he stood. He wore a dark black suit that was cuffed at his elbows.

Pulling me out of my stare, he took a step forward inching closer. As his left hand came up, he grasped my chin, pointing my face up at his.

He stared down at me, "What I say goes. You don't disrespect me, my business, or anything under this house. I own this shit and I won't hesitate throwing you to the dogs", he snarled.

I nodded my head delicately before he dropped my chin and cracked his own fingers.

"That is Con" he gestured towards the corner.

I glanced over and his head was pointed straight at me, not saying a word. He had his arms crossed as he leaned up into the wall. He still had his mask on which raised my confusion.

"He will not hesitate to kill you." He sternly said, "The blue mask is Tan, he won't touch you, at least in a negative tone"This sent him into a chuckle and even a slight snort came from Con.

He finished being so stern as he asked, "Any questions?".

"What do you want with me" I spat, looking him up and down. It was a fight response, I wanted to know. At this moment, I knew that they weren't going to hurt me, or else they would have already. This allowed my shoulders to relax and ease back a little bit before he responded.

"You'll know sooner or later, we need you to trust us" He responded.

A snicker busted out of my throat before I said, "If you think gaining my trust comes from kidnapping me and making me straddle some bike, you're insane".

I knew that was a smart remark due to the gust of wind shooting out of my nose. Sin wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and the edge of my jaw, pointing my head up to his. He brought his face into mine, leaning into me. Our lips stood close enough to where any slight movement would send us flying into each other. My lips tingled at the slight vibrations as he responded to me.

"I always get what I want", as he released his grip, sending me too stumble back a few inches.

"Any more questions Canim?" He responded, throwing in a Turkish word.

My silence spoke for me.

"Very well, feel free to come join us for dinner," he replied as he spun on his heels to head out the door.

I couldn't stop screaming and pounding on the walls after they left my room. I couldn't help but understand why I felt such a mixture of emotions, I was so lost. Why did I feel so happy to be away but also so scared of what was to come next?

There was so much to take in. The boys seemed to have good intentions but what did Sin mean by "you'll know sooner or later"? What mattered most to me right now was that I was away from Evin and this was the first night I hadn't been hurt in a very long time.

With that, I felt overwhelming gratefulness. The fear still did not leave my throat as I cried out every cuss word that ever existed. I kicked and punched everything in sight until my eyes were blood shot and my knuckles bled red. I slid down the door and continued my crying. I forgot this feeling, the feeling of a huge fog crawling up to the shore.