chapter 49 // haven

I rummaged through my dresser, practically throwing out every single piece of clothing I owned. I just couldn't pick which bikini to put on. Usually, I would just throw something on and call it good but that wasn't the case this time. I felt an urge to show off my body which was different than usual. 

I grabbed a brown bikini that had strings that crossed around the stomach. Obviously one of the boys chose it because it was much more revealing than the other two. I didn't even realize before that there were swimsuits in here, why did I not realize we had a pool. It didn't even dawn on me until I was trying to find another hoodie and found those instead. 

Why did I not think that these rich mafia men had a pool? Better yet, why did they never tell me? Oh yeah, they thought I would drown them. It's not like I could even make them stumble with the touch of my finger, or maybe I could, considering the first fight I had with Sin. I chuckled at the thought of that memory before sliding on the bathing suit. 

I glanced in the bathroom mirror before twisting my hair into two french braids and leaving out of the door. Although, I didn't realize where to go, I didn't catch that part. I stood outside my door for a few moments, deeply in thought when I heard another door close. 

Tan. 

I hadn't spoken to Tan since I got back, there was an odd sense of awkwardness in between us. I still hadn't forgiven him or really any of them. But still, I was missing the one person that made me feel calm in situations like this. 

"You figured it out." Tan chuckled as he glanced down my body. 

"Where is it?" I questioned.

"I'll tell you if you let me join you." he replied. 

"No." I sternly said.

He shrugged and began turning back to the entrance of his bedroom.

"Okay! Fine!" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. 

He smiled back at me before taking off into his bedroom. I figured he just needed to change so I tapped my foot on the ground while glancing around. I could've just found Sin and saved myself the trouble but I'm sure he was finishing up the paperwork so he could come join me. I let out a huff before hearing the bedroom door open again

Tan stood in the hallway facing me now. He wore black swim trunks and had his blonde hair falling into his face instead of tied back. He carried a pad of paper and a pencil in his left hand that raised my suspicions. His blue eyes bored into mine as I sent a gulp down my throat. He let a smirk pull at his face before he shook his head towards the other hallway. 

I nodded in response as I followed behind him. It didn't take long for him to push out a hand behind him indicating that I should grab it. I rolled my eyes for a moment before placing my hand in his. Tan always wanted that personal intimacy in more than a sexual way, he loved loving me. 

He tugged me down the stairs and through the gym where I glanced around, noting at the last time I was in here. There was a small door that was hidden in the corner that I had not noticed before. As he opened the door, my eyes widened at the sight. I was unsure how I had ever missed this before. 

It was a complete rooftop pool that overlooked the city on one side with the ocean on the other. You could see the entire skyline with the dark blue sky stretching across the top. There were a few tanning chairs with a glass fence around the outside. The pool stretched to the edge like an infinity pool which made my eyes lighten. 

I unclasped from Tan's hand and ran right in front of him gasping at the sight. 

"Holy shit! How could you guys never tell me about this!" I yelled as I took everything in. 

He shrugged as he took a seat at the table near the pool. He threw the pad onto the table and picked up the pencil before I took my gaze away from him. I didn't understand why he was being so quiet, it was unlike him.  I didn't waste a minute rounding the edge of the pool and climbing down the steps into it. The coolness of the water struck my stomach as I plunged in.

I dunked my head underneath the water and swam to the edge, coming up for air. I crossed my arms onto the barrier and leaned my head atop it. I took in the sun hitting my shoulders and took in a deep breath. A few days ago, I was fighting for any second of want for my life. Now, I was basking in the sun, happier than ever. I couldn't understand why I had gotten so lucky.

I closed my eyes and tried to shake away the negative thoughts trying to pile back into my head. They were much less traumatic now thanks to Con, I felt more in control again. But, they still were having a hard time leaving. Especially since I still hadn't come to terms that I had killed my own father, I mostly was suppressing it but I knew that wouldn't last forever. 

Suddenly, I let out a huge scream as I felt strong hands grab my body from behind, picking me up bridal style. I fought around, kicking and squirming playfully, as I recognized the grip underneath me. 

"Sin! Put me down, that's not fair!" I yelled as I heard laughing from underneath me. 

I was launched a few inches in front of him, sending me flying back into the pool. I came up, gasping for air, and shoved the wet hair out of my face. 

"Oh, it's so on!" I muttered as I put up my fists. 

I came swimming towards him, shoving him back a few inches, letting the spurts of water hit him in the face. I was no match for him though as he grabbed me again and threw me over his shoulder. I punched his back a few times before he launched me back into the pool. I came up coughing the remaining water in my lungs before lunging at him again. 

This time, he grasped me waist and pushed me up against the pool's wall. His wet hair clung to his forehead as his hands were rubbing against my sides. His green eyes seemed more glossy due to the small specks of liquid grasped onto the sides of his face. His white teeth shined as he opened his mouth into a smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him an inch closer. 

"Oh, this is exactly where I wanted you," I chuckled.

"What?" he questioned, running his lips against my jaw. 

I took the time to wrap my legs about his waist and shoved his chest down into the water. Once he released my waist, I swam from him and pushed myself up on the ledge of the pool. I let my chest heave a few times as I saw him slowly come back up for air. His eyebrows screamed anger as he started to come towards me again. 

I can't lie, I didn't know whether to feel scared or turned on but I was both currently.