chapter 32 // con

"Hey Con, I need your help," a familiar voice rushed out, sending my eyes wide open.

Tan.

I have heard panic in Tan's voice before but nothing like now. He seemed so caught up in his own windstorm of anxiety, not knowing how to make the next move. That was unusual for Tan, he always knew what to do next. He was our brains, we couldn't operate without him. 

The smell of strawberries and the feeling of calm rushed through my body as I adjusted to the abrupt awakening. I unclasped Haven from my arms, pushing them above my head in a stretch. Although, making no noise, I didn't want to wake her. We had had a long night last night, it was right that she was exhausted. Tan's eyes scanned the room like a deer in headlights, something truly was up with him. 

After we left my room, the loud clashes came from downstairs, echoing throughout the house. Thankfully, the walls had been mostly soundproofed or else Haven wouldn't be able to sleep through this. My eyes adjusted as I came down the steps alongside Tan, watching Sin throw a humungous fit.

There were kitchen items all over the floor, our flower vases had been broken everywhere, the TV smashed to bits. It was almost as if somebody had broken in, trying to get rid of all our belongings, except the culprit was Sin. 

"Dude. You have got to calm the fuck down. We can't replace all this shit!" I roared at him.

His eyes dropped into a pool of black, staring right through me. 

"Technically, we could afford to purchase everything again, but-" Tan started to say out loud. 

My hand smacked against his mouth from behind me, we didn't need his jokes right now. 

"Fuck you!" Sin screamed as he came barreling towards me, grasping my shirt. 

Although I was taller than Sin, we still could almost see eye to eye. He looked like a storm of fire and fury, black eyes and steam flowing out of his nose. 

I didn't back down which caused Sin to push me away from him, turning his back towards my front. He moved towards the couches, kicking them against the wall, sending a dent to form. 

"We have to send her early. Evin departed enough supplies to start a fucking war. It's time." Sin said, starting to calm himself.

Shit. 

He stood across the room now, pulling at his hair, his eyes falling back into his normal shade. I knew why he was upset, we hadn't planned to let her go this early. There was still many preparations to do, we still needed to say our goodbyes. But, the bigger reason was, Sin promised Haven she could leave once she fulfilled her mission. 

Even as close as we all grew to Haven, Sin still promised her ultimate freedom once she did what we asked of her. We now knew that time was near and there was nothing we could do to stop it. 

"How soon?" I questioned, crossing my arms against my chest.

No response.

"How soon Sin? Im not asking again." I snarled, planting my feet in front of him now.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead. 

"Tonight." He replied, hanging his head.

I felt like a bullet ran straight through my chest at that moment, knocking all of the wind out of my body. I cleared my throat, I had prepared myself for this moment. I knew I did, I just had to remind myself. The boys needed me to be the strong one, the one without emotions, even as if it was killing me.

I am always the one who cares for everyone else. 

"Easy. We just call in reinforcements to move it up, they will. They're quick. Tan, how close are you to finishing her gear?" I questioned, my chest hardening like steel.

"I can have it done in under an hour." Tan muttered, I could hear the breaking in his voice. 

Sin glared straight up at me after I nodded my head.

"How the fuck can you sit here and act like this is okay? You don't give a shit about her?" Sin spat at my face, sending a finger into my chest. 

I grasped his finger and tightened my hold against it before pushing it away from my chest. I wanted to scream back, I wanted to show him how I felt. But, I couldn't. If I cracked, Sin would crack. Then we would all fall. 

"Guys, what's all that noi-" a familiar voice lowly said from behind us.

I threw myself into a 360, watching as Haven strutted down the stairs, in my shirt and shorts. Like always, I loved when she wore my clothes. I could feel my cock straining against my jeans before I shook the thought out of my head. 

"Change of plans, you're leaving tonight. Pack your shit." I grumbled, boring right into her eyes. 

Her eyes became glossy as she balled her hands up into fists, plowing right back up the stairs. It took all the fight in me to not follow, just to wrap her up in my arms and hold her while her tears flowed. I couldn't let my emotions show, especially now. I needed to stay strong.

 I needed to hold up our foundation as it all seemed to crumble around us.