chapter 62 // con

It was pure agony, the suffering of being confined in this box. Why couldn't I leave? Why was everything around me so fucking dark? I glanced around me, still standing in the black abyss that I was a few moments before. 

I couldn't tell time anymore, I couldn't even tell what was real. Everything around me was pure darkness besides for the wooden chair in the middle of the room. Except, I had broken it into pieces the minute I came to this place. I didn't understand what was happening. I would bang against the sides of the darkness, hearing the echo of the beating. 

It was mental fucking torture that I couldn't escape from. I often found myself just sitting in the middle of the box, rocking back and forth. My mind didn't allow me to feel, sleep, anything. It was a total blackout that I couldn't control.

And I fucking hated lack of control. 

I groaned, slamming my fist into the side of the mental box once more before collapsing onto the ground. I shoved my head into my hands once more. I just wanted to be gone, if being dead meant getting out of this place, that's what I wanted. As I let out one final scream of defeat, I felt a soft presence cover my body. It almost felt like a blanket. 

"Hey big guy. Just another nightmare again, Doctor said I shouldn't be in here but you know me. Always breaking the rules and shit." Haven's voice exclaimed.

I stood up, frantically looking around. What the fuck?

I grabbed at my hair, slightly pulling at it.

"I miss you. I really do. I can't even sleep without you, can you sleep without me? I don't know how much longer they're going to continue keeping you on all this monitoring." she hummed.

I slammed my body back down on the ground, I was officially going fucking insane. I rocked my body back and forth before digging my head into my arms that rested on my knees. The darkness grew even heavier. 

"I need you." she begged. 

I rocked a few times again and slammed my eyes shut, repeating multiple cuss words at myself. I was so angry, so fucking angry at the world. Why did nothing ever go right for me? I went to let out a scream filled with every emotion I ever felt. 

But nothing came out.

Until I went to bat my eyelashes again, the new light streaming into my eyes as I adjusted. The beeping of machines around me. The needles pricking into my skin. The familiar scent of my body filling my nose. As my eyes came into focus, I squinted, noticing the faint view of my room. 

But, what caught my attention more than my surroundings was the person beginning to leave. Haven. The soft presence of her, her long hair swaying down her back, and the common hoodie that she always wore. She was beginning to open up the door to my room, my throat was burning. She stood in the doorway, hanging her head lowly, like she was refusing to turn back.

I felt the overflow of feelings filling up through my toes to my chest, only to hit my throat. I bit back the bile before I was able to squeeze out a soft few words. 

"I'm here." I groaned, my eyes and chest heavy.

Everything seemed to slow as Haven whipped her head back around, her eyes widening as she noticed my eyelids fighting to stay open. It didn't take long as I watched her round the bed again, leaping softly into my arms. I didn't have the strength to move but I felt myself relax from the tension as she cupped my face into her hands. 

Tears pricked her eyes as she leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead. I felt the strain in my face as I tried to give her a smile back, only getting a small grin. 

"I knew you'd come back. I knew it." she cried, running her hands through my hair. 

I let my head fall into the palm of her hands, leaning into her familiar calming scent. 

I was finally home.